Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Change in ebay seller fees

(12 Posts)
BouncingTurtle Fri 22-Aug-08 08:37:35

here

Basically if you only sell low value items, it is going to get more expensive to sell angry
These don't come in unti 24/9 so if you got small items to sell I would sort it out now...

Wankers angry

southeastastra Fri 22-Aug-08 08:44:40

oh great, this is why they're suddenly making the gallery pictures free then, to soften the blow

AbbeyA Fri 22-Aug-08 08:47:12

I think it is dreadful!
I sell and buy low value items.
I hate 'buy it now'and you currently have to scroll down past so many to find an auction item.
I don't like buying from people selling as a business. I want people like me who are just having a clear out.
They have ruined the whole thing!

Flightlite Fri 22-Aug-08 08:52:52

God ebay is shit.

They take every bloody opportunity to screw us over don't they. angry

I have a few things to go, might just get them out of the way now then.

I notice no cheap listing recently. I was waiting for one of those.

FAQ Fri 22-Aug-08 09:01:19

maybe I'm being daft here - but where are the prices for auction listings? I can only see the insertion fees for BIN

LackaDAISYcal Fri 22-Aug-08 09:11:56

As my second foray into ebay selling ended in disaster, I doubt I'll try selling on there again.

I can't believe some of the price hikes though.......50% increase is hardly fair is it?

I think they are trying to turn it into a traders only auction site and the no increases on media and technology is a ploy to keep people from switching their business to places like Amazon.

MrsSnape Fri 22-Aug-08 12:27:33

Its crap, they're going to be taking nearly 10% of the final value fee too.

I think mumsnet should have its own 'ebay' for selling kids clothes etc...its something most of us would want to sell and buy.

BouncingTurtle Sat 23-Aug-08 07:00:12

Sorry folks only just got back to this!

FAQ - you need to scroll down for the auction inserting fees, they are below the BIN. And you are not thick - I puzzled over it as well!

Daisy - that's exactly what I thought!

Southeastastra - you can search for auction listing only, using the search function on the left side of the category listing.

nicand2 Sat 23-Aug-08 07:47:49

I use e bay regularly to clear out toys and clothes but I have only just worked out how much it is costing me. I have just sold a few bits and bobs for 99p and between e bay and paypal I'm left with 43p so it's really not worth my time listing them, checking them, parcelling them up and posting them. I suppose I could sell things in bigger bundles but then no one wants to pay the postage. Suppose it's back to car boot sales for me.

AbbeyA Sat 23-Aug-08 09:01:47

I use it to clear out small items and I never start anything at more than £10, it is commonly £1 or less.
Are there any alternate auction sites?
I am not keen to go back to car boot sales because the kind of thing that I sell can rise far beyond my starting price and the right people simply won't see them at car boot sales.

FAQ Sat 23-Aug-08 13:07:24

nope still can't see the insertion fees - only final value fees for auctions [confused]

FAQ Sat 23-Aug-08 13:08:19

actually - sorry just saw

"Note: There are no changes to Insertion fees for Auction listings." on the page

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now