Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

what should i do when a buyer.....

(5 Posts)
glaskhamhasoneintheoven Wed 20-Aug-08 19:13:27

has bought something off me then wants to return it for a full refund??

item cost £9, p&p £10, he wants to return to me (at his own cost which would require a courier) for a full £19 refund, i've offer a refund of the £9 and he keep the item and do what he wishes with it.

Listing was for a massive set of friends video's, of which i said were in brilliant condition last time i watched them over 3.5years ago.

Now he's saying over half of them have no picture, and 2 are cracked... i can definatley say there were no cracked ones when i opened all the boxes prior to packing, but i never checked each video in a player, I dont have the time to check 59 video's... what do i do? he's taken it to paypal... so i've offered the same £9 refund i offered him via ebay messages!!

crokky Wed 20-Aug-08 19:17:43

If the item was damaged in the post, it's worth putting in a Royal Mail claim IMO.

glaskhamhasoneintheoven Wed 20-Aug-08 19:21:01

well he says 2 video's are damaged, but they were in the middle so he says its not from transit.... I'm really upset about this, but i know i wasn't selling broken video's, and listed the item as it was... I've been an ebay seller and buyer for over 4 years now, and have over 750 feedbacks, he has about 400 feedbacks, and i just looked and it seems he's been handy at pulling tricks like this in the past.

youcannotbeserious Wed 20-Aug-08 19:25:50

Full refund, IMHO, doesn't include P&P.
So, (If I were you, given the scale of it) I'd refund the £9 and leave it there.

I'm guessing you don't want the vids. back and it's unlikely the buyer is trying it on - VHS videos are hardly likely to sell on for a profit.... I think I'd go with this one.

He;s not going to get rich from a £9 sale, so leave him stew in whatever juice he has cooking - Karma will get him grin

sixlostmonkeys Wed 20-Aug-08 19:38:10

a refund has to be the total amount he paid (which means inc the P&P)
If he is saying he will return them at his own cost then that's kinda lucky!
If he doesn't want to keep them then I doubt he will be happy with anything less than a full refund.

it's a problem selling videos as they deteriorate with time and play differently on differently players - so even if you check them, they may play fine on yours but not on a buyer's.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now