Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

ebay and ebayers are driving me mad!

(17 Posts)
nancy75 Sun 17-Aug-08 18:38:25

am selling some stuff for my parents as they are moving house, oh my god never again. i have been inundated with people asking the most stupid questions ( i dont mind sensible questions) and some of them are just bloody rude aaargh.

expatinscotland Sun 17-Aug-08 18:40:26

and there are plenty of them who then rip you off, especially using PayPal and because you can't leave negative feedback for buyers anymore.

i use Gumtree and boot sales and cards in shops now to flog stuff.

nancy75 Sun 17-Aug-08 18:44:04

expat, normally i wouldnt bother but its quite expensive furniture so not really bootsaleable, should have just shown my mum how to do it herself - i am going prematurely grey dealing with these idiots!

expatinscotland Sun 17-Aug-08 18:53:03

put it in your local AdTrader or paper and on cards in supermarkets.

cheaper than paying listing fees even if it doesn't sell and/or PayPal fees.

or look into local auction houses.

nancy75 Sun 17-Aug-08 18:54:44

if it doesnt sell im going to suggest a big bonfire!

expatinscotland Sun 17-Aug-08 18:57:01

even a yard sale would probably be less hassle and cheaper.

seriously, check the Ebay topic. there's at least a thread on here every day about someone getting scammed or someone on Ebay taking the piss.

nancy75 Sun 17-Aug-08 18:59:59

unfortunatley i have spent hours listing it all and answering stupid emails, luckily its all cash on collection stuff, i have read on here about all the paypal scams and wont be using that again. if it doesnt sell i wont be relisting.
what really gets me is how rude/stupid the people are when they email you, its not like im making them buy it.

savoycabbage Sun 17-Aug-08 19:02:46

It's crap now they have changed the feedback system.

I used to love it sad

nancy75 Sun 17-Aug-08 19:04:42

savoycabbage, havent got as far as feedback yet - god help me still dealing with daft questions while the sale is ongoing. tbh i am never using ebay again so they can all moan as much as they like!

savoycabbage Sun 17-Aug-08 19:11:23

I once saw negative feedback saying

"this album was not as good as the first one."

emj23 Sun 17-Aug-08 19:14:48

savoycabbage shock Really? Some eBayers truly are insane.

nancy75 Sun 17-Aug-08 19:19:27

savoycabbage, thats brilliant!
the one driving me mad at the moment keeps emailing asking if i will courier something, but has not told me what item it is, he keeps emailing and i keep telling him he needs to press the ask question about item button or describe what it is he wants to buy, as i am selling more than 1 thing. i have done this 6 times and just got reply saying if i dont want to sell to him thats fine its my lossshock
bloody nutter!

lindseyfox Sun 17-Aug-08 19:55:45

i know the cant be arsed with ebay feeling listed 12 items to end this eve, some new with tags, some new without tags and some worn a few times. Only 2 items sold, started items at 35p-99p so not like i started them too high and postage was minimal.--aargh think i will freecyle it less hassle

sixlostmonkeys Mon 18-Aug-08 09:01:41

If I were you I'd add the guy who keeps asking the daft questions to your blocked bidders list. If he's a pain now he will surely be a pain if he wins.

TenaciousG Tue 19-Aug-08 16:24:16

People are stupid and can't read. dp has just sold a phone; he stipulated 'anyone with less than 5 feedback please email me before you bid, or I will cancel your bids' and also 'payment must be received within 24 hours'. He has had someone with 2 feedback bid, so emailed him to say 'I did ask that you contact me first', got a barely literate 'thnx m8 i really need a fone' in response, someone else won on Sunday and has still not paid despite being invoiced twice.

Ebay is full of thick twats and pisstakers.

missjennipenni Tue 19-Aug-08 20:13:00

he has 7 days to pay, you cant make up your own rules for ebay unfortunetly

TenaciousG Tue 19-Aug-08 22:46:47

oh crap grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now