Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

ebay and ebayers are driving me mad!

(17 Posts)
nancy75 Sun 17-Aug-08 18:38:25

am selling some stuff for my parents as they are moving house, oh my god never again. i have been inundated with people asking the most stupid questions ( i dont mind sensible questions) and some of them are just bloody rude aaargh.

expatinscotland Sun 17-Aug-08 18:40:26

and there are plenty of them who then rip you off, especially using PayPal and because you can't leave negative feedback for buyers anymore.

i use Gumtree and boot sales and cards in shops now to flog stuff.

nancy75 Sun 17-Aug-08 18:44:04

expat, normally i wouldnt bother but its quite expensive furniture so not really bootsaleable, should have just shown my mum how to do it herself - i am going prematurely grey dealing with these idiots!

expatinscotland Sun 17-Aug-08 18:53:03

put it in your local AdTrader or paper and on cards in supermarkets.

cheaper than paying listing fees even if it doesn't sell and/or PayPal fees.

or look into local auction houses.

nancy75 Sun 17-Aug-08 18:54:44

if it doesnt sell im going to suggest a big bonfire!

expatinscotland Sun 17-Aug-08 18:57:01

even a yard sale would probably be less hassle and cheaper.

seriously, check the Ebay topic. there's at least a thread on here every day about someone getting scammed or someone on Ebay taking the piss.

nancy75 Sun 17-Aug-08 18:59:59

unfortunatley i have spent hours listing it all and answering stupid emails, luckily its all cash on collection stuff, i have read on here about all the paypal scams and wont be using that again. if it doesnt sell i wont be relisting.
what really gets me is how rude/stupid the people are when they email you, its not like im making them buy it.

savoycabbage Sun 17-Aug-08 19:02:46

It's crap now they have changed the feedback system.

I used to love it sad

nancy75 Sun 17-Aug-08 19:04:42

savoycabbage, havent got as far as feedback yet - god help me still dealing with daft questions while the sale is ongoing. tbh i am never using ebay again so they can all moan as much as they like!

savoycabbage Sun 17-Aug-08 19:11:23

I once saw negative feedback saying

"this album was not as good as the first one."

emj23 Sun 17-Aug-08 19:14:48

savoycabbage shock Really? Some eBayers truly are insane.

nancy75 Sun 17-Aug-08 19:19:27

savoycabbage, thats brilliant!
the one driving me mad at the moment keeps emailing asking if i will courier something, but has not told me what item it is, he keeps emailing and i keep telling him he needs to press the ask question about item button or describe what it is he wants to buy, as i am selling more than 1 thing. i have done this 6 times and just got reply saying if i dont want to sell to him thats fine its my lossshock
bloody nutter!

lindseyfox Sun 17-Aug-08 19:55:45

i know the cant be arsed with ebay feeling listed 12 items to end this eve, some new with tags, some new without tags and some worn a few times. Only 2 items sold, started items at 35p-99p so not like i started them too high and postage was minimal.--aargh think i will freecyle it less hassle

sixlostmonkeys Mon 18-Aug-08 09:01:41

If I were you I'd add the guy who keeps asking the daft questions to your blocked bidders list. If he's a pain now he will surely be a pain if he wins.

TenaciousG Tue 19-Aug-08 16:24:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

missjennipenni Tue 19-Aug-08 20:13:00

he has 7 days to pay, you cant make up your own rules for ebay unfortunetly

TenaciousG Tue 19-Aug-08 22:46:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: