Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Why, oh why did buyer send payment...

(20 Posts)
Wuxiapian Sun 17-Aug-08 17:53:17

... in cash through the post?

She said she posted it over a week ago.

I have received nothing.

What do I do now?

Any help very much appreciated! Please.

Niecie Sun 17-Aug-08 17:58:41

Is it a lot?

I think it is her responsibility to make sure that it arrives and she should have got proof of posting.

I would ask for the proof of posting, telling her that you want to claim off the post office. You have to wait for 14 days before you claim though.

Alternatively you could ask for payment again although if I were her I would ask to wait another week to make sure that it doesn't turn up in the meantime.

Don't send the item out though.

AvenaLife Sun 17-Aug-08 18:01:13

She should have sent it recorded delivery. It's only a couple of pounds more and it would have been insured incase it went missing.

There's no evidence that she's sent it because it wasn't recorded. It's her own fault for sending cash through the post.

chapstickchick Sun 17-Aug-08 18:01:13

i used to send cash thru the post using the orange signed for sticker......they are only proof the item reached the address nd so i now realise theres no safe way to send cash i learnt the hard way fter losing £25 in cash! sad

you cant send unless youve had payment tis not your fult its his/her folly!

BigBadMousey Sun 17-Aug-08 18:09:06

NO.....not recorded - send cash only by Special delivery - the silver sticker.

AvenaLife Sun 17-Aug-08 18:10:33

What's the one where they stick it in a silver bad for you then they give you a reciept?

CouldYouWouldYouWithaGoat Sun 17-Aug-08 18:11:50

you haven't been paid, it is her problem

Wuxiapian Sun 17-Aug-08 18:15:47

She won item 24th July. Emailed 4th aug to say she was sending payment by personal cheque.

So, it's been 24 days since she won item.

So, you think I should ask her to send again?

If she has proof of posting, how does claiming off the PO actually work?

Please excuse my ignorance. Never had to deal with this problem before.

Much thanks for replie and any responses.

AvenaLife Sun 17-Aug-08 18:19:49

If it's a personal cheque then she can stop the cheque and send you another one. She's only lost the postage. She can check with her bank if someone's got hold of it and cashed it. Ask her to send it again.

Wuxiapian Sun 17-Aug-08 18:23:07

No, Aven.

She emailed me saying she'd be sending it personal cheque a couple weeks ago, but since I haven't received anything, I emailed her asking if she was having problems with payment.

She then told me she sent cash last week.

elmoandella Sun 17-Aug-08 18:25:44

dont send anything.

request payment within 7 days. if no payment received then re list item.

AvenaLife Sun 17-Aug-08 18:26:38

Ahh. It's her fault for not sending a cheque. Cash goes missing and can not be traced, cheques can be traced. Email her and tell her you have not recieved payment.

Niecie Sun 17-Aug-08 18:33:29

Its a bit dodgy if she claims to have sent a cheque and cash and both have gone missing.

I think she might be stringing you along a bit.

I would want to see some sort of proof she sent anything at all. Make sure she has your correct address in case that is the problem.

If you don't get it by the end of the week I would file a non-paying bidder thing.

Just don't post the item!!!!

BigBadMousey Sun 17-Aug-08 21:10:40

Avenalife - sorry, had to disappear. Thats special delivery too - you can get the silver bag or use the silver sticker. If it's silver its special delivery and that is the only way you should send cash by royal mail. It used to be known as registered so people often confuse it with recorded (which is the orange sticker). Recorded is effectively normal post but with a signature at the end so you can prove delivery.

Wuxiapian Wed 20-Aug-08 17:04:07

This buyer's beginning to get on my nut now.

She emailed a few days ago saying she'll send money (didn't specify whether cheque or cash) through the post recorded.

She emails today asking for my email address as she deleted it.

I is confused and it's been a month since she won the bloody item.

Any advice as to what I should do?

Muchas thanks.

bubblagirl Wed 20-Aug-08 17:18:18

i would say to prevent further loss of her money that you will re list the item as has been going on to long now and cash ideally shouldnt be sent in post and if she does she needs to send it special delivery or send postal order

give her 1 more week and tell her if no cash recieved in 1 week you will relist the item as you have nbeen fair letting it go on this long

Wuxiapian Wed 20-Aug-08 17:30:12

Oh. I've just been sent an E-Cheque.

Only another 9 days to wait for payment. Tut.

Wuxiapian Thu 21-Aug-08 19:42:10

Oh, wait again.

Buyer just emailed saying that her mum is going to send a cheque first thing tomorrow and to let her know when it arrives.

How can someone be such a big pain in the arse?!

If I do receive cheque, what happens re E-cheque?

Please help if you can!

bubblagirl Thu 21-Aug-08 19:45:46

i have no idea maybe when e cheque clears and you recieve other cheque you can refund the e cheque

bekkaboo Thu 21-Aug-08 19:46:23

sounds like the woman i dealt with a few months ago, when finaly got the cheque she had forgot to sign it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now