Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

This "No neg feedback" for buyers

(15 Posts)
Moshi Thu 14-Aug-08 12:47:19

Just interested to see how many sellers have been put off ebay since this stupid rule came out?

I had a buyer bid on something of mine with 0 feedback and its blatently obvious he never intended to pay for it. He ignored all my emails and finally responded to an ebay reminder over a week later saying he didn't pay as he didn't have any money hmm

So I have wasted 2 weeks with this idiot. The most annoying bit about it is that I can leave feedback warning other people about him. Its so unfair that they just get away with it now.

I was almost temptd to leave positive feedback for him BUT with negative comments (such as 'Buyer does not pay, complete time-waster, avoid') and just hope people read it.

I'm also considering emailing ebay with my concerns as I feel its totally spoilt it. I'm guessing I'd not be the only seller to do so.

misdee Thu 14-Aug-08 12:53:00

i hate the new ebay feedback rules.

got my first neg ever the last month, as the cd didnt play. if he had bothered to contact us about the cd he would;ve got a full refund inc postage costs. but he didnt, just left neg straight away. am pissed off and havent bothered to contact him about a refund. reading his feedback seems he has done it a few times to people. never contacts then just leaves negatives.

know other sellers where buyers are trying it on 'want a partial refund due to xxx, or i will neg you'. have had loads more non-pyaing bidders as well.

emj23 Thu 14-Aug-08 14:30:54

I think it stinks too. I can understand what they were trying to do - buyers were afraid to leave negative feedback because sellers would leave them negs in retaliation - but to take away all feedback rights from sellers is plain wrong. Unfortunately a lot of buyers on eBay have seized on the opportunity to do whatever the hell they want without fear of reprisal.

I've been put off selling lots of baby clothes. I keep looking at them and even though I know they are in good condition, I keep thinking that people are bound to find fault with them somewhere and leave negs for no reason.

Maybe eBay will realise its error when enough sellers quit due to this.

saltire Thu 14-Aug-08 14:40:17

I think it stinks as well. I have had a warning from ebay becasue so many people have given me negative feedback, although 3 did get retracted. I aways state on my listings that most posting will be done on a friday or saturday. This is becasue my PO staff are very slow, there is always a queue of at least 20 minutes, often longer. DH takes me to a different PO in a local village when he picks me up after work on a Friday, or he takes me ona Saturday. This isn't enough for some people, "I paid you yesterday why don't I have the item today" and leave me a neg. Some haven't paid, I can't warn others, yet they still give me a neg feedback. others don't read the lsiting and demand the itme be posted on a certain day, again they leave a neg

What should happen is that ALL ebay sellers should refuse to list for say, 1 weekend, worldwide, to get the message across

barnsleybelle Thu 14-Aug-08 14:40:44

I agree, it's really annoying. I sell quite a lot on ebay and it's not put me off, but really narks me.

Like you, i had a number of buyers who bid, win and then i never heard from them again. annoying that you can't warn other sellers.

it may seem drastic, but i now put on all my items that buyers with less than 5 feedback comments can't bid. If they do bid i cancel them. Seems to have done the trick.

crokky Thu 14-Aug-08 14:45:28

It's totally put me off selling. I have over 1000 stars, all positive. Every time I get into a transaction with someone who is difficult, I just end up letting them have the item and giving them a refund of P&P as well to avoid a neg. I had one, where the item he bought was not what he wanted, although the description was totally accurate, he hadn't read it (listing clearly states refunds are only given if the description was inaccurate). Sellers just get conned IMO and my last couple of bits that I would have eBayed have gone to Mnetters for free.

hughjarssss Thu 14-Aug-08 14:50:51

I understand what you are saying and something does need to be done.

But from the other side, I am a regular buyer. I have brilliant feedback from sellers as I pay straight away.
However I have suffered negative feedback retaliation which was completey unfair.

YoungYolandaYorgensen Thu 14-Aug-08 15:14:46

I think they should reverse this decision and I am mainly a buyer.

solo Thu 14-Aug-08 15:30:05

I don't know what they thought they'd gain by changing it. I've got boxes of fab baby clothes that I want to sell, but I'm a bit wary about trying it. I've been a buyer before but not sold anything - yet. I desperately need to get some money in the bank, so I might chance it. Bit scared though tbh. hmm

ninedragons Thu 14-Aug-08 15:37:53

I have stopped selling. I don't know if the fees have actually increased or I am just mis-remembering how much it used to cost a few years ago, but when I worked out how much I ended up with from the last thing I sold after eBay fees and Paypal fees it wasn't worth it. eBay made more out of the transaction than I did.

alardi Sat 16-Aug-08 16:13:00

I thought they actively want to get rid of little sellers -- they only want businesses to be sellers for now on. Occasional sellers need to use Free-ads & Cheap-cycle now.

Tangent question:
What's with the Paypal e-cheques taking 10 days to clear, now? Suddenly payments from bank transfer are glacial.

mumofdjandbabies Sat 16-Aug-08 22:29:38

ooh whats cheap cycle ?

peanutbutterkid Sun 17-Aug-08 13:07:40

spin-off from Freecycle but you sell rather than giveaway. Not yet existing in all areas.

giraffescantdancethetango Sun 17-Aug-08 13:09:33

rediculas isnt it

southeastastra Sun 17-Aug-08 13:30:37

hasn't put dp off selling but got our first neg because we didn't answer a refund request on the same day, he was working away for work and the buyer thought sellers should check email every day (which dp normally does, just this one time he was away)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now