Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

How can I cover myself?

(6 Posts)
MrsMagooo Thu 14-Aug-08 09:12:55

I am selling a mobility scooter for my Nana, it's almost new (she only drove it to the end of to road & back) & she's asking for £2,600 OBO (she paid £3,100)

It's pick up only & obviously I have to accept Paypal.

I have stated in the listing that cash on collection is much preferred but obviously I cannot stop them paying by PP.

Now my concern is that someone will bid, buy, pay via PP, collect & then claim non reciept.

So how can I cover myself if it sells & they pay via PP?

I'm thinking a) get them to sign a document to state they have collected it (I know this will be useless but if the buyer is not that Ebay savvy they might not know that) b) get my DH to be there to whitness the collection (he's a copper) & c) send them a reciept via Recorded Delivery so that I at least have a tracking number with a signature.

Any other ideas??

I'm so worried my Nana will end up with no scooter & out of pocket - she's already had enough grief!

DH has said that if someone did try & out in a false claim I can involve the polie immediately as it's fraud so I know I have that option too - it's such a shame that us sellers have to think like this isn't it!

IllegallyBrunette Thu 14-Aug-08 09:22:05

I would state clearly in the listing that on this occasion you will ONLY accept cash on collection.

KnickersOnMaHead Thu 14-Aug-08 09:22:36

Message withdrawn

sixlostmonkeys Thu 14-Aug-08 09:52:27

I'd go with cash on collection only option.
Ebay may get shirty, may even pull the listing, but this is better than losing the money

honeybehappy Thu 14-Aug-08 11:19:10

It's got to be cash on collection, even if they sign something you cannot prove it was them.

tiggerlovestobounce Thu 14-Aug-08 11:23:19

Has to be cash.
Have you tried advertising on places like Gumtree? Free and no issues with paypal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now