Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

FFS non-paying bidder.. what do I have to do...??

(7 Posts)
SparklyGothKat Thu 14-Aug-08 00:07:58

Dh was selling one of his EVE characters, and it was on BIN or BO. A person offered £300 for it on sunday(I know!! A mad amount of cash for a game character!!) but had 0 feedback,

I said to DH to let it go for a few more days before making a desision, he might have got other offers, especially since the person had 0 feedback. But he accepted it, [rolls eyes] the person emailed us a few hours later to see if we were online to transfer the character but we had company, so weren't. Dh emailed him/her the next day and they said they would be in from work in a few hours and would pay then. But they have stopped replying to emails and still haven't paid. i have sent one final email saying to pay or let me know if they still want it, but what do I do now??

I also have to refund £250 for my pushchair as I washed the fabrics and the seat went a bit funny and now they don't want it all, even though I offered to buy a new seat fabric for them, so need that £300 in my paypal to refund them.

I am going to give up I think!!!

littlelamb Thu 14-Aug-08 00:15:50

I had the same thing with a non paying bidder this week angry. They won a pushchair and kept delaying payment until finally admitting they didn't have the money. This person had 100% positive for over 500 transactions. Then tonight I had an email from someone I sold a dress to, saying they hadn't got it. I know they must have done as I sent it guaranteed next day signed for on Monday, as they had already emailed saying it was needed for this weekend. I'll be damned now if I can find the tracking number the post office gave me, so think I am stuffed. This person had 6 feedback. I think with the new thing of not being able to neg people, buyers are trying it on tbh. I shan't be selling again, especially since I think this guy will probably claim against me. I am going to turn my house upside down tomorrow looking for that reciept, or I will be minus the money and the dress

SparklyGothKat Thu 14-Aug-08 00:19:27

DH is just impatient and just accepted the offer, Its my account and I know how ebay works, but he wouldn't listen. I know I have to wait 7 days before filing a non-bidder thing but have never had to do this so don't know what to do...

littlelamb Thu 14-Aug-08 00:22:23

I filed one today. Seems a pretty useless thing tbh. It sends them a reminder that they haven't paid. Which she already knows and has sent me an abusive email saying as much hmm I don't know what the next step is tbh. i have relisted the item but it is a pain- I sold it to make money and space and now I have neither!

SparklyGothKat Thu 14-Aug-08 00:35:06

also what do i do about the refunding, I transferred the money straight away on sunday, It has hit my bank, but they want a refubd. They asked if I would put the money back into their account, but my sister said not to, as they could claim the money back through paypal too, and be £250 better off, as I would have no prove i refunded them. I have no money in paypal atm, so do I have to transfer the money back and then refund them?

littlelamb Thu 14-Aug-08 00:36:57

No idea, but I will have the same problem if this guy denies he got the dress, as i have withdrawn the money into my account already. I should think its probably best to go through Paypal- like you said, you don't want to have to refund him twice

SparklyGothKat Thu 14-Aug-08 00:45:59

i have just sold something for £160 so will keep that in there and try and sell more bits, can I relist the buzz to try and make the money, or am i not allowed??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now