Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

what if I don`t pay?

(14 Posts)
narkymum Sun 10-Aug-08 21:14:04

My dd has just bid and won 6 keyrings for 1p. from hong kong!!!!!!!! with a £20. pp. I am v. cross what if I don`t pay what will happen?

FabioFridgeFluffFrenzy Sun 10-Aug-08 21:15:12

How old is dd?

kid Sun 10-Aug-08 21:17:54

Email the seller and explain what happened. Ask for an alternative postage cost but I doubt they will do that.

They can't make you pay. I have bid on something in the past and found out the listing was a scam so refused to pay. The seller threatened me with legal action but Ebay told me the seller would have to fund the legal action themselves so I took my chances. Never heard from the seller again!

narkymum Sun 10-Aug-08 21:22:40

dd is 15yrs thing is they have only have made 0.01p so I doubt they would pursue a claim and I doubt very much they are genuine!

iamdingdong Sun 10-Aug-08 21:24:32

make her pay, she bid

kid Sun 10-Aug-08 21:33:06

The reason the bid is so low is because they are making their money on the postage. Bet its not being posted from Hong Kong.

Are the keyrings worth the £20? Probably not but thought I would ask anyway!

pop1973 Sun 10-Aug-08 21:36:41

I once bid on an item and didn't realise that I had won the bid. We moved in the process. Ebay had emailed me a threat and a dispute because I hadn't paid.

When I was back online, I emailed the seller explaining, but never heard anything from the seller and ebay again, and have successfully bid on other items and paid for items since and not had a problem.

FabioFridgeFluffFrenzy Sun 10-Aug-08 21:36:44

Yup.
Buy them.
She pays.

ilovemydog Sun 10-Aug-08 21:37:33

I recently bid on something, and won, but didn't notice that the shipping was more than the product, so told the seller the truth; that I hadn't realized it was so expensive.

Fortunately, the seller was gracious enough to implement a mutal withdrawal.

Hecate Sun 10-Aug-08 21:38:15

postage costs are clearly marked. Lesson here is look carefully. She should pay.

narkymum Sun 10-Aug-08 21:39:07

no keyrings are shit.Obviously fake crap from china pp ad says?????????? so don`t know what that means, 2 choices a. don`t pay or b. pay and make her give me all her saturday job money from yesterday and pay with my account, which worries me in case they get any of my details. Or am I being over careful.

blueshoes Sun 10-Aug-08 22:10:09

You should honour your dd's bid. She is your responsibility.

BTW saying my child bid for something by mistake is a common excuse buyers use to get out of a winning bid.

AbbeyA Sun 10-Aug-08 22:24:17

You should pay-it is very unfair on the seller otherwise.

MsPontipine Sun 10-Aug-08 23:01:39

My ds (then about 3) bought some Thomas stuff while I was engrossed in Corrie busying elsewhere. Luckily seller let me off but was prepared to pay if they insisted.
Lesson learnt!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now