Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Please help with decide how much to charge for these bibs in my ebay shop!

(20 Posts)
LynetteScavo Fri 08-Aug-08 21:13:55

here

I know the listing isn't very good, but, I'm about to list a load more in a variety of designs, and would like them to SELL!

I think they are a great product, as do people who have actually used them, but how much should I charge to shift them?

Overmydeadbody Fri 08-Aug-08 21:20:33

how much do they cost you?

LynetteScavo Fri 08-Aug-08 21:23:08

That is no longer the question. They cost me £4.50 each to make(I paid MIL to sew them), but I just want to shift them now.

LynetteScavo Fri 08-Aug-08 21:39:03

Anybody?

theirmum Fri 08-Aug-08 22:18:22

Oh they are lovely really funky I would say I would buy one if the Buy it now was £4 so £5 including postage

DisenchantedPlusBump Fri 08-Aug-08 22:20:16

I would have snapped these up 2 years ago! DS2s bedroom was cowboy themed from head to toe!

They are lovely.

Its a shame with things like this, they are worth soooo much more than people are willing to pay

DisenchantedPlusBump Fri 08-Aug-08 22:24:25

I would also mention in the listing that they are lovely handmade products

LynetteScavo Sat 09-Aug-08 09:12:56

I've listed a couple more.

Please be honest. Do I need new photos?

LynetteScavo Sat 09-Aug-08 09:13:38

oops! Here

LynetteScavo Sat 09-Aug-08 10:01:51

Well as nobody is speacking to me, I'm off for a shower!

mumfor1standmaybe2ndtime Sat 09-Aug-08 10:06:52

They are lovely items. The listing to me though is far too brief. Why not say that you make them yourself - give some history. Talk about the materials used, make them sound more exclusive and special. How about mentioning that they would make a nice gift?

Pictures are clear, but not very professional imo. How about using close up shots of the finish.

hth!!

Egg Sat 09-Aug-08 10:08:06

I think they are lovely and the pics look v clear. I may be tempted to purchase a couple when I don't have a screaming small child grin. Not sure what "correct" pricing would be....

nicolamumof3 Sat 09-Aug-08 12:50:04

I think they are really nice too, my youngest is almost past the bib stage though they are v.nice.

CarGirl Sat 09-Aug-08 12:52:55

what fabric are they made out of? Is it 2 cotton layers with waterproof stuff sandwiched between?

CarGirl Sat 09-Aug-08 12:55:24

car one doesn't have bib size on it.

It would be good to have large in the heading and what ages.

My messy dd has been forced to wear a bib for certain meals until recently and she's nearly 5!

CarGirl Sat 09-Aug-08 12:59:23

can you get quotes off people who've used them and thought they were great.

do they have adjustble poppers on the necks?

quick to do, no ties to get knotted, don't come undone too easily like velcro.

"fantastic long lasting easy to use large toddler bib" as a heading or something?

theirmum Sat 09-Aug-08 19:03:11

As said before if they were £4 i would buy one in fact i just bought two the cowboy one and the car one grin

lindseyfox Sat 09-Aug-08 19:46:35

i think maybe a starting price of £2.50 with a £1 postage then also a buy it now of £4 so people have the option of just buying it or bidding and hoping they get it cheaper.

missjennipenni Sat 09-Aug-08 19:56:39

Def need more detail in the listing, maybe one pic of the whole bib, and one pic close up of the design. Mention what they are made of, that you make them yourself, what ages they would be suitable for and mention that they are OOAk (one of a kind). I agree with whoever said to add that they would make a lovely unique gift!

CarGirl Sat 09-Aug-08 20:23:19

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now