Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Anyone else have their listings not showing up in search?

(9 Posts)
Housemum Fri 08-Aug-08 20:35:37

I listed a Trunki today, and it shows in "My EBay" but not if I search "pink trunki" - called eBay and they said it can take up to 9 hours, but other ones that were listed after mine show up? It's only a 3 day listing, as want to sell it ASAP (and thought people buying would want before next weekend as holiday item) so effectively I'm losing a day here as they said not to call unless it had been 24 hours! Anyone else ever had this problem?

They very helpfully told me on the helpline that it could be found by its item number - v useful, as I'm sure everyone types in random 12 digit numbers...not!

Housemum Fri 08-Aug-08 20:48:05

OK - have spoken to another person and learnt something new - because I put the words "brand new" in the title, it goes through an extra filter (whatever that means) - so effectively I've missed out today as it probably won't go live until nearly midnight! Bum! Why don't they tell you that kind of thing? I'm being honest - it is a brand new item as I've taken the photo of it in its packaging and next to the flipping box it came in - grrr.

Ready4anotherCoffee Fri 08-Aug-08 20:52:28

Is this it?

Housemum Fri 08-Aug-08 20:54:32

Yes!!! Wonder if it's just coincidence that it showed up minutes after I called?? Anyway, there was me ready to whinge for the rest of the evening - will have to find something else to moan about now...

Ready4anotherCoffee Fri 08-Aug-08 20:57:00

Bloody feebay, I wonder why we bother really.

Flibbertyjibbet Fri 08-Aug-08 21:05:20

I think the word NEW goes through the filter, as a lot of people were putting 'as new' when really things were used, instead of BNWT which they can't put if its used. iyswim.

If you put 'as new' now your item will not be listed. So I think its the word new thats your prob.

Housemum Fri 08-Aug-08 22:14:49

Serves me right - was going to put BNIB - should have done - still, it's on there now so hope someone will want it (it'll cost me to post it back for a refund so I'm hoping someone will buy it so I don't lose out!)

theirmum Fri 08-Aug-08 22:20:42

I dont think that is even it I put a Stokke pushchair on and it took 24 hours to show up! so I paid for 10 days and got 9! hmm when i rang up they said it can take 24 hours for things to get through the system if they are on a popular thread like kids/baby items!

Ready4anotherCoffee Sat 09-Aug-08 07:59:51

Can't you amend the listing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now