Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Urgent help needed, with one of my sales.

(10 Posts)
MaureenMLove Thu 07-Aug-08 10:12:41

I sold a washing machine this week. The machine was only 6 months old and in perfect working order.

The guy has just text me to say, it doesn't complete washes and it jams. Can I forward the receipt to him and he'll sort it, to save returning it to me.

I have no idea, what-so-ever where the receipt might be or even if its still here. We've having a kitchen re-fit and there are boxes everywhere!

What do I do? Where do I stand? I'm telling the truth when I say its only 6 months old, but he's gonna think I'm pulling a fast one and give me bad feed back. I can't take the machine back, apart from anything else, the money is already spent.

I'm in a bit of a pickle and really worried. What should be my next step?

LynetteScavo Thu 07-Aug-08 10:22:59

Look for the receipt, but at the end of the day, negative feedback isn't the end of the world.

MaureenMLove Thu 07-Aug-08 10:25:13

I will, but what do I do if he demands a refund? Can he do that? I'm thinking, its his responsibilty to transport it safely and since it was rammed in the boot of his car, that could be the likely reason it doesn't work now. Is that a fair assumption, do you think?

LynetteScavo Thu 07-Aug-08 10:42:58

If it was in full owrking order when it left your house, and now it doesn't work, it's basically your word aginst his. I'm not sure where he stand legally, but I'm sure it would be cheeper and easier for him to have someone out to look at it than start a dispute. Have you emailed to say it was working, adn it could have been his trasnprtation method that has done the damage?

MaureenMLove Thu 07-Aug-08 11:00:13

I'm trying to reach him on the phone now. It may be something simple that I can help with. DH is cross because I didn't put 'sold as seen' on the ad, but it was my first sale, so I didn't know you had to. sad He is of the opinion that its unlikely to be the programming because its all electronic and he knows about stuff like that. I bought it cash at a local independant, so I'm not sure I can get a receipt, if I can't find it. DH is not a happy bunny now.

missjennipenni Thu 07-Aug-08 11:23:53

How did he pay? If it was via paypal, he could possibly get a refund. Cash in hand, then its entirely up to wether you refund or not

KnickersOnMaHead Thu 07-Aug-08 13:57:18

Message withdrawn

MaureenMLove Thu 07-Aug-08 15:24:10

He paid cash. I told him I'd do my best to find the receipt, but if I can't I don't know what to suggest. I told him I'd that it was working fine when it left here and that possibly moving it in the back of a Fiesta wasn't the best move. So, he knows that there's a chance its his problem now. I've told him I'd E-mail as soon as I can with news, but he will have to be patient, as he saw the state we are in building a kitchen. He was perfectly friendly, but at the end of the day, if I don't come up with a receipt, who knows.

KnickersOnMaHead Thu 07-Aug-08 15:34:31

Message withdrawn

missjennipenni Fri 08-Aug-08 10:52:31

You dont have to refund him a penny, as he paid in cash and saw the item before he took it away

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now