Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Calling ebay experts - is this a quiet time to sell stuff? Should I wait until September?

(6 Posts)
onceinalifetime Tue 05-Aug-08 16:27:06

Got loads of stuff to get rid of and whilst I am dying to get rid of the clutter, I obviously want to get the best prices I can:

- baby and toddler clothes and shoes
- toys, baby equipment
- maternity clothes
- women's clothing
- misc electrical/computer stuff

Does the time of year you sell make a lot of difference to your success rate? Should I keep the toys until nearer Christmas and will it be quieter for the baby/toddler stuff now with lots of people away on holiday?

Any opinions gratefully received smile

frogs Tue 05-Aug-08 16:29:04

September/early October is the best time for selling winter clothes. If you have summer clothes to sell, save them for next April/May.

I wouldn't sell anything atm tbh, people are away on holiday. Start listing in Sept.

onceinalifetime Tue 05-Aug-08 16:32:31

Thanks, I think I'll starting taking photos and writing descriptions now as it will take ages. Then I'll be prepared for a massive listing session in September!

frogs Tue 05-Aug-08 16:34:34

Yes, have all the descriptions written up in a word doc, then you can just cut and paste. Takes bloody ages even so. Real experts use Turbolister or Auctivia, but I haven't got into that yet.

Do a 10-day listing starting on Thursday eve and finishing on Sunday eve -- you do get better results ime.

onceinalifetime Tue 05-Aug-08 16:45:39

Thanks, I might check out Turbolister or Auctiva as it might get me listing things more regularly, rather than having this massive pile up of unwanted crap gorgeous things that nobody will be able to resist.

frogs Tue 05-Aug-08 16:47:26

do report back if you try it -- I probably should as well as I have a monster pile of winter clothes waiting for september.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now