Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Is this possible?

(8 Posts)
Wuxiapian Sun 03-Aug-08 19:20:27

One of my auctions ended a few minutes ago.

The winning bidder placed her bid a few seconds before it ended.

Now, the previous high bidder has emailed me asking if I can relist it as she wanted it for her daughter. Told me she's willing to pay double than what it went for.

Would I be able to do this?

I do kinda feel sorry for her as she placed lots of bids on this item for someone to pip her to the post right at the end.

Much thanks for any advice.

noonki Sun 03-Aug-08 19:24:53

Only if the winning bidder doesn't pay or contact you within a set period - you can then offer out to the secondhighest bidder

tbh I only ever bid at the end as otherwise you can push the price up

and you don't know circs. of the winning bidder

Wuxiapian Sun 03-Aug-08 19:27:56

The winning bidder has already paid by Paypal.

Just wondered if I could cancel it in any way so the 2nd highest bidder could have it instead.

charliecat Sun 03-Aug-08 19:28:43

No its not possible she should have put in double the amount when she bid, which she didnt.

HumphreysCorner Sun 03-Aug-08 19:30:23

I would say you have to sell it to the winning bidder. If she wanted it that badly she should have placed a higher proxy bid on it.

NotQuiteCockney Sun 03-Aug-08 19:30:56

You've made a contract with the winning bidder - that's how ebay works, you have to honour that.

Dropdeadfred Sun 03-Aug-08 19:32:53

completely out of order to suggest not selling to the highest bidder

Wuxiapian Sun 03-Aug-08 20:14:55

Yes, I thought just as much...

Ok, thanks, peeps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now