Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Is this the best ebay bargain ever???

(17 Posts)
luckymummy74 Sat 02-Aug-08 19:43:54

I am sooooooooo chuffed with myself as I just bought a double buggy worth £155 on ebay for £26!!! It's used but in really good nick, and I just can't believe my luck, it's perfect for what I need....just had to share it with you all!!!!
I picked it up today.

Loriycs Sun 03-Aug-08 11:07:14

well done you. I love ebay. I got a beautiful John Lewis moses basket and stand plus lots of lovely bedding for £20. In perfect condition from a very well off lady in a Ginormous house with electric gates and everything, needless to say it was in perfect nick. she bought it and changed her mind before using it. Must be nice to have the luxury.

ten10 Sun 03-Aug-08 11:21:36

This week I bought a spare buggy from ebay for £1.20, and no postage as it was close enough for me to go round there and pick it up.
So saved myself the astronomical £15 they were asking for postage.

It must have cost more for them to list the buggy than what they sold it for

BettySpaghetti Sun 03-Aug-08 11:29:56

We recently bought a handcrafted metal bed frame on ebay (£450 of bed for less than £40) -we weren't actually looking for a new bed but I was just idly doing local searches to see what furniture was for sale within a 5 mile radius.

Anyway, this meant I had to sell our old wooden one and we actually ended up selling that for more than the new one had cost us.

We therefore got a new bedframe for minus£5 IYSWIM

luckymummy74 Sun 03-Aug-08 19:27:01

ten10- I think you win!!!

Bettyspaghetti - you did well too...tell me more about this local searches thing....I didn't know you could do that...how do you access it?

BettySpaghetti Sun 03-Aug-08 20:57:06

luckymummy -when you have a page of listings up (eg. beds) look down the left hand side for the Search Options and theres a drop-down menu where you can specify a distance from a post code.

(beware though as you'll find yourself buying things you don't really need but just because they're a few miles away and a bargain ...like a new bedframe wink)

SparklingSarah Sun 03-Aug-08 23:57:55

hold on sorry????

astronomical £15 postage on a buggy? are you SERIOUS? how much do you think it costs?
shock

Housemum Mon 04-Aug-08 00:16:34

local bargains is a great way to find local stuff but beware you may end up buying stuff you don't need! Seriously though, I picked up a bargain activity thingy locally (the one babies sit in but not a walker) for under a tenner, as the only one I knew the brand name of was the leapfrog one that costs £25+ even well used.

ten10 Mon 04-Aug-08 14:48:24

Sparkling Sarah - It was for an tubular steel, umbrella fold type buggy and most sellers are offering around £10 postage so yes I think £15 is astronomical.
and besides when you only live a few miles away £15 is way more than I would be willing to pay so local pick up saved me huge amounts compared to the price of the buggy

butterflybessie Mon 04-Aug-08 15:42:05

Thanks Housemum, that looks like a great website, now I will waste even more money grin

noonki Mon 04-Aug-08 15:54:42

ten10 - have you sked them if you can pick up -

we have sold stuff on ebay and are more than happy to have people come,

saves the hassle of posting it,

We did we a cot - the poor lad that came went away with bags and bags of babystuff on top of the cot-

I was going to ebay it all but couldn't be bothered, He was so excited about being a dad, and young and living at his dad's (so possibly skint) that I kept saying have you got this? ...no well just take it how about... till I stuff their car full, my DP was even more chuffed as I am a right horder!

noonki Mon 04-Aug-08 15:55:29

sorry ten10 just read your earlier post blush

theirmum Tue 05-Aug-08 11:36:54

Sparkling Sarah you can send a Bugaboo for £8 using www.p4d.co.uk so £15 is quite high my best bargain was at the weekend at car boot i bought a set of 10 global knifes for £15 shock

AnAngelWithin Tue 05-Aug-08 11:40:58

i bought a virtually brand new metal highsleeper with new mattress for dd1 on ebay for £15! was round the corner from where I live as well grin

aidansmummy06 Tue 05-Aug-08 21:10:02

www.localbargainfinder.co.uk if you go on this and type in your postcode you can find things local to you that can only be collected so many bargains to be had !

elmoandella Tue 05-Aug-08 21:23:09

if i was married, i would be divorced. under reasons they would put "ebay whore"

lizandlulu Tue 05-Aug-08 21:37:31

wow that site is great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now