Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Ebay Sellers - are kids clothes selling?

(12 Posts)
KaySamuels Wed 30-Jul-08 20:53:41

I have a huge pile of boys clothes ds has grown out of, and also books.

Ebay seemed quiet last time I listed stuff so wondered if things had picked up?

GrinningGorilla Wed 30-Jul-08 20:57:43

I don't think it has. I have not long taken a load of stuff to charity. I listed about 4 bundles of nearly new childrens clothes on there and it didn't sell. I think sometimes people are put off by the postage costs for large lots. Maybe better to sell two items together?

KaySamuels Wed 30-Jul-08 21:00:10

I usually sell things like jeans and jumpers on their own and say 2 or 3 Tshirts together.

Last time I listed some of it went to charity shop too.

You would think with people tightening their belts ebay would be busier. hmm

blueshoes Wed 30-Jul-08 21:09:03

This is the wrong time to sell because it is quiet. You will attract most interest for children's clothes in September (warm clothes) and April/May (summer clothes) when the seasons change.

Now is a good time to pick up bargains, not to sell. hth

Just hang on to them for now.

KaySamuels Wed 30-Jul-08 21:10:41

thanks blueshoes that does make sense smile

hertsnessex Wed 30-Jul-08 21:11:51

if you have a boys suit jacket aged 5 i am desperate to get on for my DS!

CurrantBM Wed 30-Jul-08 21:23:40

I have just sold all 18 items I had listed on ebay, some mad prices too.

Grobags have gone like hot potato's, ladies and children's Boden has also gone well.

Gap and Laura Ashley girls did sell but not the usual amount.

HTH.

TwoIfBySea Wed 30-Jul-08 21:26:06

I am so glad I saw this thread as I have a whole pile of stuff I want rid of.

Include two rather lovely Gap winter jackets that I hate the fact that dts have grown out of so want to sell as well as other stuff, so September it is then!

Thank you blueshoes!

blueshoes Wed 30-Jul-08 21:39:27

Glad to help smile.

The only things that will sell this time of the year are branded items like Boden and Monsoon, where there is a year long market in those! Hence CurrantBM's experience.

But I would not sell my 'crown jewels' now and leave the less desirable for September. It is always better to sell all your clothes in one go, use the Bodens, Gaps and Monsoons as crowdpullers and advertise your other listings in their listings eg 'please see my other clothes in this size, including gap, monsoon, next, zara etc.' Increases the overall traffic to your listings. And if you offer postage discounts, which are always a good idea, a buyer might pick up more than one item.

Good luck!

TwoIfBySea Wed 30-Jul-08 21:44:37

Ooh Blueshoes, thanks again.

You just saved me a lot of time. Clothes will go back in the cupboard until appropriate time - could I pick your brains further, what about Verbaudet clothes? Are they good sellers? I don't have any Boden etc. and only a few Gap items (there is a discount shop near me hence the fact we have any at all!)

blueshoes Wed 30-Jul-08 22:17:44

yes, Vertbaudet/La Redoute is good, as is Next. I think Hennies also has its fans.

If it is George or the like, not worth mentioning the brand.

I buy a lot more than I sell, so acquired this store of knowledge that way. Brightly coloured clothes always sell better than plain coloured clothes.

cheesesarnie Wed 30-Jul-08 22:19:56

blueshoes thats really helpful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now