Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Are you one of those people who spend loads on comfort toys on ebay?

(8 Posts)
mumfor1standmaybe2ndtime Thu 24-Jul-08 10:08:31

Just curious as to who spends upto £50 sometimes on a comfort toy for their lo?

Some seem to fetch so much money!

TillyScoutsmum Thu 24-Jul-08 10:13:57

I wouldn't spend that much but dd has a comforter which she can't get to sleep without. We had various ones which we have bought over the last year or so, but she suddenly seemed to "adopt" a particular one a couple of months ago. We don't have a spare and because we bought it ages ago, the shop no longer stocks them.

So... after a vomiting session one night, we either had to put up with her being awake whilst we washed it and dried it or let her have it covered in vomit blush.

Went on ebay - found an identical one and put a £10 bid on it (it was about £3 new). I "won" it for £1.99 grin but tbh, I'd probably have been willing to go up to, say, £20.

Supply and demand I suppose - and there's nothing more demanding that a toddler who won't go to sleep because her comforter is in the washing machine and you haven't got a spare smile

mumfor1standmaybe2ndtime Thu 24-Jul-08 10:18:31

I suppose if ds lost his winnie pooh there would be hell to pay! I have bought 2 spares from ebay, but they only cost around £3 each. Can't see who would pay so much for a used soft toy! Must be someone on mumsnet who has..! Own up!

MrsMagooo Thu 24-Jul-08 10:21:15

Totally with Tilly on that one - DD is the same & has a cuddly bunny that was bought for her when I was PG with her.

DD is now 2 & 'Mully' never leaves her side - he is permantly attached to her & I am terrified he will get lost.

DD had hysterics when Mully had to have a 'bath' due to being covered in sunday roast & sat in front of the washing machine til it stopped, opened it & ran off with him still wet *rolls eyes*

I would willingly pay a considerable amount to have a spare wink

mumfor1standmaybe2ndtime Thu 24-Jul-08 10:25:04

I guess we do anything to keep our lo's happy, especially if it means having a good nights sleep!

mamadiva Thu 24-Jul-08 10:32:36

My 2YO DS has always had a comfort blanket just a simple crochet blanket. He won't have anything else! He has 3. One in use, one clean, and one being cleaned

They were all given as gifts when he was born so never cost us a penny but we can buy them locally for £3. But it's definately worth the cash for him to be happy.

TillyScoutsmum Thu 24-Jul-08 11:19:21

Isn't it funny how they name their comforters ? DD calls hers "wee wee wun" - no idea why smile

mumfor1standmaybe2ndtime Thu 24-Jul-08 12:50:01

A blanket is probably a better thing as you can at least buy spares easily or make one.
Weeweeeun is sweet!
Ds has a winnie pooh piece of material with head on the top and a brown teddy with 2005 on it's foot, the year he was born.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now