Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

EBAY - I hate it - it's such a joke - am I missing something?

(5 Posts)
crokky Wed 23-Jul-08 09:21:50

So...

I sold a DVD, stating clearly that it was region 1.

Buyer wins auction, pays and I post the item.

Buyer emails saying "DVD is region 1 so give me the address to send it back". [WTF?]

My auction clearly stated it was region 1 and clearly stated I only accept returns if I have made a mistake in the listing.

I only made £1.76 on this item. What's the point in messing around again just because I sold it to someone who is too lazy or stupid to read the listing?

I have 100% feedback and over a thousand stars. I am proud of this and I have now had to refund the auction price and the postage cost to this idiot just to stop him negging me for his own mistake.

Buyers can behave how they want. I left positive feedback after he paid as I don't see the point in waiting until they have left you feedback if you can't leave them negative feedback anyway.

What am I missing? He might go and neg me anyway as he still probably can't understand the mistake he made. He has got positive feedback from me - I just don't see the point in leaving feedback for buyers at all if you can't actually give them a neg for pulling out of a deal for no reason.

I know this is a small amount of money, but I have been messed around by eBayers one too many times (other times it has been for more money). I should have put the item in the charity shop. All this messing about just to LOSE money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am quitting eBay for a while.

BTW, I am a reasonable person. If he had written saying "I'm really sorry, I've made a mistake, would you consider a return as I can't use the item", I probably would have done it. But just to demand something you are not entitled to that costs me money makes a mockery of eBay.

KnickersOnMaHead Wed 23-Jul-08 09:44:23

Message withdrawn

WeeBesom Wed 23-Jul-08 09:48:29

No way would I have refunded. It was his mistake, not yours. You could have left a comment at the negative feedback stating the reason he gave it and why it was wrong.

crokky Wed 23-Jul-08 09:57:22

I really didn't want a neg, even if it was explainable. I also didn't think eBay would be bothered with it as it was so pathetic! I know I have bought my way out of a neg (hopefully!) but I am just angry at the way eBay works. He probably could have got his money back through PayPal anyway without my consent. I just feel that sellers are now at quite a disadvantage with the new rules.

chipmonkey Wed 23-Jul-08 10:17:50

crokky, I wouldn't leave any feedback for the buyer till you know the transaction is complete and he has left feedback. You can't leave neg or neutral but you can decide NOT to give positive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now