Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I finally, managed to get hold of customer services and...............

(6 Posts)
Eddas Tue 22-Jul-08 21:02:31

Suprise suprise some sods accessed my ebay account and tried to 'sell' thingsangry

Ba@&^%ds

Not too much damage done, but the gits must've hacked into my email account too and blocked ebays emails hence me not getting any customer supportangry

That'll teach me to use similar passwords.

So change all your passwords ladies

I'm bloody lucky really as my ebay and paypal passwords were the same[stoopid emoticon] but luckily they didn't get to that, either that or they didn't want to bother for the few quid it containedgrin

<<<<<<<eddas wanders off to think up weird, creative new passwords for everything>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

eandh Tue 22-Jul-08 21:43:15

Just changed my paypal one as was very similar to ebay, keeping ebay one as now completley randomly different to paypal.

I take ebay stopped any 'sales'

Eddas Tue 22-Jul-08 21:45:59

yep, most impressed. they stopped them and froze my account before i'd even realised there was anything odd.

Feenie Tue 22-Jul-08 21:49:42

Same has just happened to me!
Wonder what they were trying to sell...
Impressed with ebay's on-the-case-ness, but it took me ages to manage to get in touch with them and sort it out too.

slalomsuki Tue 22-Jul-08 21:49:43

Someone did that to me about 3 years ago. Sold 40 laptops in the US before I realised it. Had also got my email password even though it was very different and had deleted all the emails regarding the payments etc.

Was a pain to get sorted but is fine now. I also got ebay to put a limit on how much I could list, value wise unless I spoke to them and that has prevented a return

Eddas Tue 22-Jul-08 21:56:16

my fraudsters had sunglasses as one of their sale items, as they checked that it wasn't me selling them.

I think the way they dealt with my problem was great. Ok i was pissed off that they hadn't contacted me but once i realised my email had bloocked ebay I knew it wasn't their fault.

They know where you normally list items from, ie which computer, so they can see odd activity and step in quickly. It must be a nightmare for them as it must happen alot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now