Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Well there's a shocker....seems I was right!!

(12 Posts)
MrsMagooo Tue 22-Jul-08 12:29:12

You ladies might remember me posting about getting outbid on some shoes I wanted for DD??

Well suprise, suprise the auction ended this morning & I have just recieved a second chance offer hmm

Now I don't know what to do, I haven't managed to get any shoes so do I accept or do I cut my nose off to spite my face & decline????

Lauriefairycake Tue 22-Jul-08 12:31:14

Are you comfortable with paying what you bid for it?

bloody schillers hmm

If I wasn't desperate and was feeling bitchy self-righteous I would decline, wait til they relist and only bid up to 2pence below what I did before (just to make a pathetic point to myself)

MrsMagooo Tue 22-Jul-08 12:35:57

The price is fair & she knows I need them in a hurry (for wedding on Saturday) but I'm just in 2 minds....

It's the damn prinicple of the thing you know??

SoupDragon Tue 22-Jul-08 12:37:51

Where are you planning on getting the shoes from if not from this seller?

MrsMagooo Tue 22-Jul-08 12:45:22

Popping to Asda tomorrow but obviously no guarantee they'll have what I'm looking for!

DH reckons I should just go for it as I didn't increase my bid.

Just makes me cross that had the seller not upped the bid I would have got them for £0.99 hmm

posieflump Tue 22-Jul-08 12:46:48

I wouldn't buy from her.
I think it's incredibly rude and against ebay etiquette for her to do that

PortAndLemon Tue 22-Jul-08 12:50:47

I wouldn't buy them on principle. If necessary send DD in sandals.

Jackstini Tue 22-Jul-08 12:51:40

How much does she want for them now?

Scootergrrrl Tue 22-Jul-08 12:54:08

If you were just bidding against one other person, then you'd be within your rights to ask for them at the starting price as you'd have got them at that price if no-one had bid against you.

KnickersOnMaHead Tue 22-Jul-08 13:13:55

Message withdrawn

sixlostmonkeys Tue 22-Jul-08 13:17:04

I'd also be worried you wouldn't get them in time - there is no guarantee.

I had this happen to me once. When I checked through i saw the same ID shilling on loads of her auctions - so I declined the 2nd chance (and told her why) and reported all her listings....

lindseyfox Tue 22-Jul-08 16:41:11

have you tried monsoon as sale at the moment.

you should be able to get some in asda.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now