Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

can you believe??!!

(23 Posts)
lindseyfox Mon 21-Jul-08 19:32:01

as some will remember my first ebay seller experience and my wedding dress sold for just over £1!!! well the woman hasnt paid had to mark as upaid after i sent 6 invoices and 4 emails!! she is a seller on there seems to sell hen night stuff and she has brought loads of cheap wedding dresses, some neg feedback saying took ages to pay etc etc.

well have just ended dispute and re-listed as cant wait forever do you think it will sell with this descrpition or could i change it
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110272902665&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&i h=001

milknosugar Mon 21-Jul-08 19:34:44

honestly?

pop1973 Mon 21-Jul-08 19:36:30

Hi, it looks a lovely dress, why don't you list for a higher price and it seems to cheap !

StarSparkle Mon 21-Jul-08 19:41:03

I think it's a great dress.... you must put a reserve on it ( even if smaller than you like) This can't go for a pound, if so keep it !

MrsMagooo Mon 21-Jul-08 19:45:06

I agree - definately either place a reserve or a higher start bid.

Also I would take extra photos - the more photos you add that show detail etc the more interest you will drum up!

Good luck grin

ScottishMummy Mon 21-Jul-08 19:50:35

your ebay listing ps it is gorgeous

CarGirl Mon 21-Jul-08 19:57:02

put more info in the title, silk ivory skirt & bodice.

There are so many wedding dresses on ebay people will run a search to narrow down to the style they are looking for.

Do you know the designer/maker name?

milknosugar Mon 21-Jul-08 20:05:04

ok got to do bedtime soon so will be brutally honest and hope you are not offended.

put a higher price on it. i would assume something is wrong with it at that price.

lots more key words required in title

why is it unworn? obv if for a not good reason dont say but if it wouldnt put people off say why

lots more pics needed, get close up of the fabric, the bodice on its own, the detail on the bodice. put them on photobox or similar and you can put the image directly into the text at no extra cost.

you sound unsure of yourself and this comes across as negative. how do you know it is silk? why doesnt the label say so? state some thing like 'bought in sale so no label, this is 100% silk'. nothing negative, no ifs or maybes, you are sure of what you are buying. rewrite the bit about slubs. this is a natural part of the fabric, dont say it might be faulty!

no need to mention it may crease in post, maybe say how you will send it then people will be aware it could happen

i read ex sample and thought shop soiled. was it in a sale? would be a better way to say it, even if the reason it was on sale is because it was ex sample.

your feedback % isnt great because of one remark as a buyer. sell yourself - you have 100% positive feedback as a seller! this will make people more confident

get a paypal account where you can accept card payments. i always fund with debit cards. i wold see that and think too much hassle. could you use your dps / friends / mums account?

like i say i hope you are not offended. it looks lovely but honestly i would be put off bidding for above reasons. be positive!

chocolatespiders Mon 21-Jul-08 20:07:56

put size in title as well as people will search by size

CarGirl Mon 21-Jul-08 20:17:13

are you a non-smoking pet free home, include it.

"Anyone who wishes to come and view the item by appointment before bidding is welcome" also shows that you have nothing to hide

MsPontipine Tue 22-Jul-08 00:06:29

Now come on lady sell that dress! It's so gorgeous I wish I was that size, and someone to marry me..........

Slubs (not pulls) aren't a negative feature remember!

Keeping my fingers crossed for a better price for you this time. x

lindseyfox Tue 22-Jul-08 16:38:52

thanks everyone so so helpful and milknosugar def not offended pref people to be honest rather than pussy foot around.

have made a few amendements and will def take some more photos just havent had time been so busy with work.

will leave as 99p start with no reserve as not actually fussed about it selling for that little as long as the winner actually pays this time!!!

thanks again for being so kind and helpful

lindseyfox Mon 28-Jul-08 16:23:05

well thanks for all of your advice, i have one bid now hooray and have some watchers (hope its not you guys just looking to see what happens)

hoping for a mini bidding war for it. just hope buyer pays up this time.

thanks again for advice much appreciated

ninedragons Tue 29-Jul-08 03:22:32

What length is it (sorry, question mark key is knackered)

Also, if you have a friend with a dressmakers mannequin perhaps you could borrow it. Clothes look much better on a dummy than on the hanger.

MrsSnape Tue 29-Jul-08 12:51:46

I must admit, I'd be put off by the low price too, stupid isnt it...we go on ebay to grab a bargain but when something is too low in price we're not interested!

hopelesshousewife Tue 29-Jul-08 14:00:59

I've just had a peek at the listing - it is very pretty!

If you just want to make room, then I wouldn't worry, but I sold DD's clothes on ebay this spring and managed to borrow a child mannekin, it made a huge difference in the amount they sold for! Def recommend that one.

Good luck!

lindseyfox Tue 29-Jul-08 16:31:12

its funny how people are put off by loew starting price, i suppose i am wary and read the blurb 3 times if low starting price but otherwise always keen to try and get a bargain.

never thought of using a manikin but fab idea not that i know anyone thats got one!!

blueshoes Tue 29-Jul-08 17:23:35

hi lindsey, hope you get more interest.

if you cannot get a mannikin, then spread it out on a flat surface, try to smooth out as many creases as possible. Take it in good natural light. Include a picture with detail of the bodice and another of the criss-cross back.

It is a simple classic design and I am sure will appeal to many people. Perhaps for a another time, as I see someone has put a bid in for it which means you can no longer edit your listing or add photos.

Good luck. smile

mumfor1standmaybe2ndtime Tue 29-Jul-08 17:40:01

Mannequin grin

blueshoes Tue 29-Jul-08 18:59:25

mannikin and manikin are both acceptable variants grin

lindseyfox Wed 30-Jul-08 18:55:04

i just copied someone elses spelling of it!!!

KnickersOnMaHead Wed 30-Jul-08 20:50:54

Message withdrawn

lindseyfox Fri 01-Aug-08 08:48:50

hello all its sold for £1.70!!! the lady is sending me a cheque so hopefully its def gone this time!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now