Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Bidder 1, bidder 2 etc

(3 Posts)
MrsSnape Sat 19-Jul-08 19:53:43

I'm bidding on console games for my boys for christmas.

Something keeps happening quite a lot though and that is whenever I bid, someone else bids but the bidder is named as "bidder 1" or "bidder 2" with private info etc.

Am I being thick or is this basically the sellers alter ego bumping up the price?

BexieID Sat 19-Jul-08 23:12:41

When you list an auction, you can keep the bidders names private. Sellers have been known to pinch buyers, iykwim. I don't know if that is the actual reason though.

MrsMagooo Sun 20-Jul-08 03:35:59

The sellers has made the lsiting private so only s/he can see who the highest bidder is.

Could be very innocent could be they are getting a friend of thiers to bump up the price.

The only time I tend to make my listings private is if I'm selling something that is very popular (have found people email the bidders saying 'Oh I have that item for sale too will sell it to you for £X & the bidder has cancelled their bid) or something people might not want showing in their feedback - like an Ovulation kit (they might not want everyone to know they are TTC wink)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now