Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Does she think I was born yesterday????

(29 Posts)
MrsMagooo Sat 19-Jul-08 13:41:29

I'm after a pair of sparkly shoes for my DD to wear to my brothers wedding next weekend.

Found a cute pair on Ebay so before I placed a bid I emailed to ask if I won would she be able to get them to me before the weekend & explained why.

Seller replied saying yes no problem at all.

They only had 2 days left & no bids - so I put in a bid.

Literally minutes later I got outbid hmm

The bidding is also private - if that's not the seller bumping up the price herself I'll be suprised!!

I find it odd that there were no bids what so ever then as soon as I bid there's a rush bid on them??!!

BetteNoire Sat 19-Jul-08 13:44:32

You can report suspect bids to ebay via the community button at the top of the screen.
Tell them you suspect the seller of shilling.

mazzystar Sat 19-Jul-08 13:44:41

er I think that happens quite a lot
may have been a lot of people watching them

SazzlesA Sat 19-Jul-08 13:46:51

Message withdrawn

MrsMagooo Sat 19-Jul-08 13:47:17

Ooo Bette I didn't know that - thank you - shilling ok ta!

Mazzy - I don't know, they've been on for about 5 days already & only had 11 views in that time.

I put in my bid as soon as the seller replied & then literally straight away I was outbid - just found it a bit suss!!

MrsMagooo Sat 19-Jul-08 13:48:51

There weren't any bids at all before I enetered mine, I was the first bidder & there's still 2 days to go on them.

Just found it a little odd - especially as the bidding is private hmm

southeastastra Sat 19-Jul-08 13:49:26

what's the item no, i;'ll have a nose if you like

MrsMagooo Sat 19-Jul-08 13:50:38

It's these

MrsMagooo Sat 19-Jul-08 13:52:57

Obviously if I am wrong then I take it back & will eat a slice of humble pie.

It's just I've had it happen before where I've been outbid, then within seconds of the listing ending have been offered it on Second Chance Offer with a lame excuse about how the other bidder no longer wants the item but in fact they were getting friends to up the bids hmm

SazzlesA Sat 19-Jul-08 13:54:03

Message withdrawn

MrsMagooo Sat 19-Jul-08 13:57:35

What exactly is an automatic bid??

SazzlesA Sat 19-Jul-08 14:01:25

Message withdrawn

DontNeedAnything Sat 19-Jul-08 14:03:25

MM, I know you are posting about an ebay problem, but I thought it worth while posting as it may help.

There were some beautiful little shoes of that style in Barratts this morning, they had lacey ones, white ones, very weddingy, although I didn't notice and sparkly ones but I wasn't looking for them. They have a sale on ATM and many pairs were only £3 a pair. It may be worth looking on the high street as there are loads of cheap shoes out there.

HTH.

MrsMagooo Sat 19-Jul-08 14:05:19

Nope makes perfect sense grin

I'd always wondered what it meant lol!

It's only because the bid went in almost immediately after mine that I found it odd as up until that point it had, had hardly any views & no bids at all then once I'd bid someone else threw in a bid.

Usually if I'm watching something & someone puts in a bid I tend to wait til the last 30 seconds to put my max bid in to try & stop them outbidding me wink

MrsMagooo Sat 19-Jul-08 14:08:56

DNA - bless you thanks hun

Normally I would pop out & grab DD some from the shops but I'm 38 weeks PG & the size of a house & we live in a teeny little village & the only shop we have is Peacocks & they had nothing

I know it's my own fault as I've left it all til the last min but baby tried to escape at 33 weeks so I honestly didn't think we'd end up going to the wedding - needless to say I have organised nothing & have now got to get me, DH & DD outfits etc by Saturday lol!!

Xx

SazzlesA Sat 19-Jul-08 14:09:48

Message withdrawn

SazzlesA Sat 19-Jul-08 14:13:19

Message withdrawn

MrsMagooo Sat 19-Jul-08 14:17:28

Yup, EDD is either 2nd or 5th August (2nd by me & the consultant & 5th by the MW lol)

Am desperate for little man to come out now lol!!

I did try popping over on the Due Aug but I got a bit confuddled by all the threads wink

Congratulations to you too grin

Hard work trying to get out isn't it - I don't drive which makes it near impossible for me to get anywhere at the mo as I've not been very well this PG so struggling to keep upright lol!

Xx

seb1 Sat 19-Jul-08 14:33:15

Have you got a shoezone near by pink shoe HTH

DontNeedAnything Sat 19-Jul-08 14:51:56

no worries.

I came on to lookat your ebay problem and in different circumstances it may of helped.

Good luck.

SazzlesA Sat 19-Jul-08 14:55:40

Message withdrawn

MrsMagooo Sat 19-Jul-08 15:31:12

Oooo Seb yes - there is one in the town that DH works in - shall get him to pop in & see if he can find some in her size grin

Thanks for that Sazzles - I've got the dreaded SPD too had it with DD but no where near as bad as this time!!

DontNA - thanks hun, was very sweet of you

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Sat 19-Jul-08 15:36:33

the first bid after yours was automatic

MrsMagooo Sat 19-Jul-08 15:44:35

Yup - I got that but what does that mean??

I was the first bidder - there hadn't been any bids placed at all until after I placed mine.

MaryBS Sat 19-Jul-08 15:48:29

Maybe there's software that does this? I know Sniper is supposed to put in last minute bids, but maybe there's one which puts in a bid after someone else has?

I'm another one who bids at the last minute...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now