Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Ok, I'm the impatient buyer ... when is it fair to hassle?

(5 Posts)
NotQuiteCockney Fri 18-Jul-08 15:27:46

I bought a phone v late on Tuesday night, paid for it right away. I know the seller has seen that I bought it, because he gave me feedback.

I know it's early, but I want it!

Is it unreasonable of me to send a 'have you posted it yet?' email? Ebay T+C say he has to post it within 7 days? 7 working days?

I don't think he's pulling a fast one, I paid by paypal, and he has a respectable amount of feedback, although he's clearly not a professional ebayer.

onelittlelion Fri 18-Jul-08 15:30:07

I don't think any harm in emailing saying thanks for the feedback and when should you expect to receive it? I would think it was ok anyway!

missjennipenni Fri 18-Jul-08 16:39:47

the seller would only have been able to post Wed at the earliest, and not everyone goes to the PO everyday. how was it being sent? i sold something on ebay recently that took 10 days to arrive! i posted the same day they paid, so wasnt even my fault.

NotQuiteCockney Fri 18-Jul-08 18:00:57

I realise I'm being impatient!

Listing doesn't say how it's being sent. He's charging £5 for delivery, but total cost was only £40, so he might not be sending it courier or anything fancy, dunno.

missjennipenni Fri 18-Jul-08 22:36:58

He will probably send it 2nd class then, and pocket the change lol. You will probably get it sometime next week. I wouldnt hassle til next week either, maybe a polite "when do you think my parcel will arrive?" on Monday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now