Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Why can't i sign in?

(15 Posts)
Eddas Fri 18-Jul-08 09:25:04

I have the right user id and password but just incase I have clicked on the relevant bits to say i've forgotten them.

But i haven't had any emails from ebay, i did this yesterday so would've expected them by now.

I've tried the contact us page but it just takes me back to the sign in bit which I can't access!!

It's driving me nuts

Do you think someone's hacked into my account or something?

I've search my user id and it comes up.

thanks for any help you can offer

Eddas Fri 18-Jul-08 10:21:02

bump for some help

fryalot Fri 18-Jul-08 10:29:15

I don't want to worry you, but when this happened to me, someone had hacked my account and was using my good feedback score to sell lots of very expensive electrical equipment. Am fairly sure that they never had any intention of actually sending any stuff out!

I couldn't get into my hotmail account either and when it was resolved, it turned out that my accounts had both been hacked by someone in china.

Contact ebay IMMEDIATELY and tell them what has happened, they will ask you lots of questions to verify you are who you say you are, like some legitimate ebay transactions (you can be a bit vague if you can't remember exactly) and they will cancel any hacking that is going on and restore your ebay account back to you.

good luck
xx

ClareVoiant Fri 18-Jul-08 10:29:57

Have you had an email from ebay saying about unauthorised activity on your account? I had this a few weeks ago and had an email from them. If you gave then you need to follow the instructions on the email.

Eddas Fri 18-Jul-08 10:30:34

that's what i feared squonk. i only have about 60 feedbacks though!! how do i contact them as i tried before but it won't let me access the contact us bit

Eddas Fri 18-Jul-08 10:30:59

no i haven't had any emails from them

ClareVoiant Fri 18-Jul-08 10:31:44

Oh, and what squonk said :-)

fryalot Fri 18-Jul-08 10:44:51

hopefully this link will work and you can click on "suspicious account activity" and it should talk you through sorting it out.

Good luck

Eddas Fri 18-Jul-08 10:56:21

thanks squonk. i've follwoed your link and emailed them. i'm not hopeful i'll get a reply tbh. How long should I wait?

I could just set up a new account but that won't stop fraud on the other one will it.

I have checked my paypal and changed the email and password.but so far <<touch wood>> that seems ok

I have also changed my email password as i reall don't want to lose that. everything is linked to that one address.

fryalot Fri 18-Jul-08 10:58:39

my paypal wasn't touched either, which I was happy about (obviously wink)

I think it took a couple of hours for them to get back to me, but when they did they were super efficient at getting everything fixed.

Don't open a new account until this is sorted - they may think you are the fraudster!

Eddas Fri 18-Jul-08 11:00:15

oh yeah hadn't thought of thatblush

I have just checked and there are no items for sale under my id. seems odd.

fryalot Fri 18-Jul-08 11:14:22

well, either they might be gearing up to it and you caught it in time... or you just forgot your password

smile

Eddas Fri 18-Jul-08 11:15:50

pmsl, i hope notgrin

it's made me change my other passwords though which isn't a bad thing as they're pretty much all the same, which i know they shouldn't beblush

Eddas Fri 18-Jul-08 18:38:27

Well, i haven't heard anything yetangry so i have tried the link again and emailed including more details which i'd omitted earlier. Fingers crossed they actually contact me this timehmm

Eddas Sun 20-Jul-08 07:14:29

I stil haven't had a reply to my query from ebay. But they sent me a survey to tell them how satisfied/dissatisfied with their service I amshock

So now what do I do? Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now