Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I have sold a toy, but can't take it apart to post. Can I email buyer and say they can't have it?!!!!

(5 Posts)
Whitty Mon 14-Jul-08 20:33:44

I sold a large put together toy, but we can't take it apart, its proper clicked in and rammed together!
What can I do? Can I email buyer and refund the money and tell them they can't have it as I am going to have to do it for locals only? Is this allowed?

Thanks all

Mutt Mon 14-Jul-08 20:35:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

savoycabbage Mon 14-Jul-08 20:39:03

Yes Mutt is right. I would weigh up whether the negative feedback is worth the extra cost of postage that you will have to pay to send the item.

CarGirl Mon 14-Jul-08 20:40:12

Is it really too huge to parcel up and use a courier?

elmoandella Mon 14-Jul-08 20:43:58

you can email them, explain the situation. say you can't afford to send it whole.

try being as nice as possible and hopefully they will agree to mutually cancel and still give you feed back for being upfront and keeping them informed. but do it asap, if you leave them hanging about they will give you bad feedback anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now