Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

ebay newbie - Help Needed

(9 Posts)
snorkle Mon 01-Oct-07 19:32:05

I've never sold anything on ebay before, but thought I'd try & sell a couple of music cello exam cds. There's been no interest at all - none. What am I doing wrong? Is it just not the best place for that sort of thing - if not where (would I be better off on the mumsnet fs board for instance)? Should I have put a gallery picture in the ad? Or is the fact that I've not sold before putting people off?

dustystar Mon 01-Oct-07 19:33:56

Have you tried selling through freeads?

haychee Mon 01-Oct-07 19:35:51

Your feedback socre may affect it, dp looks at all feedbacks before bidding, but i dont.

Do you have it in the right category?

Has anyone looked at it at all?

Have you titled it correctly.

I always look up similar items to the one im going to sell, to check for category, price, postage costs and titles.

NotQuiteCockney Mon 01-Oct-07 19:36:57

Yeah, I'd look for similar ones, see if they sell.

Amazon may be a better place to sell? I sell books on Amazon, as they just sit there indefinately. And listing doesn't cost anything, and I don't need to take pictures etc etc.

snorkle Mon 01-Oct-07 19:46:22

Thanks all.
dustystar: What and where is freeads?
haychee: feedback=0 as I've never sold anything before; category is right (fairly sure); yes about 10 people have looked (but 3 of those appeared instantly so I don't believe in them).
NQC: Amazon sounds good - will try that next, though would like to build up some feedback on ebay so I can sell some other stuff too.

ChippyMinton Mon 01-Oct-07 19:49:31

You could buy a few cheap bits & pieces to build up your feeedback.

snorkle Mon 01-Oct-07 19:53:05

I suppose I could chippy and will bear in mind, but I'm really trying to clear the house of clobber at the moment!

bubblagirl Mon 01-Oct-07 19:57:55

i startedselling with a feedback score of zero to be honest with you you can list something several times before you get interest dont be disheartened if it doesnt sell straight away not every one wants what your selling at that time i had to list things lots of times wanting to give up but it did sell eventually they have cheap listing days so items i'm unsure of i will list on them days and other thing keep strt price reasonable and postage where possible

bubblagirl Mon 01-Oct-07 19:58:37

things do tend to sell if pictures are added as people do like to see what they are getting

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now