Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Dipute help!!!!!

(6 Posts)
sweetheart Sun 30-Sep-07 20:37:12

Just wondered if any more experienced ebayers out there could help.

We sold an item on ebay and the purchaser filed a dispute with paypal as he said the goods were not accuratly discribed. Paypal withdrew the money from our account until the dispute is settled.

During negotiations we offered a part refund for the item which we paid by way of a cheque. The purchaser said that when the cheques cleared the dispute would close. The cheques cleared last week and he is not closing the dipute - now we are down by the original object and selling price PLUS the additional money we sent him.

Is there anything we can do to get the dispute closed or our money back?

sixlostmonkeys Sun 30-Sep-07 21:59:37

did you send the cheque by recorded delivery?

twocutedarlings Sun 30-Sep-07 22:35:15

In what way was the item misdiscrided ??

sweetheart Mon 01-Oct-07 09:58:06

I didn't send the cheque by recorded delivery.

The purchaser says the item was discribed as being in better condition than it actually was. I disagree

sixlostmonkeys Mon 01-Oct-07 10:04:12

all I can suggest is that you respond to the dispute with evidence of cheque clearing and by forwarding messages sent saying that dispute will be closed once cheque clears.

It's too late to dispute the item condition as you have already given a partial - all you can hope for is that paypal take into account the cheque.

too late I know, but it would have been more straight forward if you had given the partial refund via paypal.

fingers crossed for you

tylah Wed 03-Oct-07 01:06:00

Contact PayPal regarding this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now