Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

when is it reasonable to leave neutral feedback

(8 Posts)
christywhisty Sun 30-Sep-07 18:22:26

I bought item off ebay on 12th September, I received email to say they couldn't send until. Got a message 19th to say sorry can't send it until 24th, finally received it yesterday.
Item is good condition.

Does this deserve a neutral!

lissielou Sun 30-Sep-07 18:25:18

i think so

geekgirl Sun 30-Sep-07 18:25:29

TBH I'd just not leave any feedback. Technically it's within the time limit set by ebay I think, and it could turn into a nasty argument (although I would be cross too), you might get back feedback as a result etc - is it worth the hassle?

Marne Sun 30-Sep-07 18:28:03

I would still leeve positive but just write something like 'worth the long wait'

sixlostmonkeys Sun 30-Sep-07 18:40:35

the thing with neutrals is that they will attract a retaliatory neg, so if you are going to do anything it might as well be a neg.

as you should always give the seller chance to resolve 1. did they communicate well? and 2. is it worth asking for a partial on the P&p paid especially if you paid for 1st class.

If you are otherwise happy with the transaction/item I probably wouldn't neut or neg - but you can mark down the stars.
or
don't leave any FB and if they ask for some, point out to them why you haven't left any.

christywhisty Sun 30-Sep-07 19:33:23

Only communication I had was on the 19th a week after I won. I paid immediately after I won the auction. He did send it first class but not until 28th. More inclined not to leave any feed back at all.

CarGirl Sun 30-Sep-07 19:34:37

if you leave positive then on the relevant section just mark very low, overall the transaction seemed fine?

christywhisty Sun 30-Sep-07 19:52:19

I hadn't realised that feedback had changed!

I have left positive but have said it was slow and communication was unsatisfactory. I sent them an email asking if they had sent the item, but didn't get a reply

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: