Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

oh no daughters FLUTE not arrived from ebay seller, please please someone tell me it will be ok

(21 Posts)
Tottie32 Sat 29-Sep-07 21:08:17

i prob shouldnt have but used savings £200 on flute for dd to start lessons, it was cheaper on ebay than shop and it was posted last monday and hasnt arrived sad

3Ddonut Sat 29-Sep-07 21:13:46

Have you contacted the seller? They should be able to chase it up with Royal Mail, did you pay with paypal? They have some backup with such a large amount. Good luck.

Lorayn Sat 29-Sep-07 21:21:26

Was it registered delivery??
I can't see anyone posting something that size/price without registered delivery, if it is the seller can check it up, also it will be insured upto a price, and again, was it paypal??

Tottie32 Sat 29-Sep-07 21:22:22

yep paid by paypal...

seller not responded to email... dont know how long to leave it,, before contacting paypal

Tottie32 Sat 29-Sep-07 21:22:54

postage was £15.00

3Ddonut Sat 29-Sep-07 21:24:39

contact them now, if seller not responding to emails contact ebay, how long has it been, how long have they not been responding to emails. do they have any feedback? are they in the UK? Am I the nosiest person in the world? What am I going to do with this info? When am I going to stop typing in questions? grin

Lorayn Sat 29-Sep-07 21:25:06

When did you contact seller? did the seller say it was posted monday?? on your item screen it will say what kind of delivery you paid for, check it out. If you paid for registered delivery it is down to them that you haven't received it. If not, then they can try and claim it was lost by royal mail.

Lorayn Sat 29-Sep-07 21:25:45

Damn, I thought I asked a lot of questions wink

3Ddonut Sat 29-Sep-07 21:26:13

grin

LazyLinePainterJane Sat 29-Sep-07 21:33:42

I would have thought it should have been sent special delivery if the seller was not using a courier. You can double check what postage service you paid for on the "items I've won" page. It should be trackable.

Remember that the seller may have gone away, assuming that it had arrived fine, they may be ill. There are plenty of feasible explanations!

LazyLinePainterJane Sat 29-Sep-07 21:34:55

What's the item number, we can poke our noses at it check it out grin

Lorayn Sat 29-Sep-07 21:37:03

And stalk the seller til we see you've given good feedback grin

SueW Sat 29-Sep-07 21:40:50

Maybe they are waiting for the couriers being complained about on the other thread to pick up!

wheresthehamster Sat 29-Sep-07 21:42:21

It's not round by the back gate getting wet is it?

Tottie32 Sat 29-Sep-07 21:59:59

i won auction last thursday, emailed them on friday to ask to collect they said no.- post only... paid by paypal, asked them when they would be posting they said monday, i have heard nothing since,,emailed them yesterday to see what was happening they have not replied...

Tottie32 Sat 29-Sep-07 22:01:46

it says they are based in london, thay have not sold anything before only bought stuff, and i would have thought if anything dodgy they would have loads of stuff for sale....

i have started watching other flutes. as lessons should start this week

Lorayn Sat 29-Sep-07 22:06:14

Maybe they are waiting for paypal to clear???
I would mail again, telling them you are worried about the item and could they reassure you as you dont want to have to go through channels to report it.

Have you checked the postage method yet??

Tottie32 Sat 29-Sep-07 22:11:25

paypal cleared

it says posatde- sellers standard rate....

say item is protected by paypal protection????

Lorayn Sun 30-Sep-07 09:54:13

It should be protected yes, which means you'll get your money back if you dont receive the item, it's normally upto around 5oo pounds, I'd get onto paypal now if you still havent heard anything, remember not everyone has access to internet at all times though, we had this problem with someone we won a ps3 from, they didnt reply for about a week, but we hadnt paid them yet and bought a diff one instead.

Lorayn Sun 30-Sep-07 09:55:33

paypal protection

Tottie32 Sun 30-Sep-07 09:57:40

thankyou

if i dont here from them tomorrow i will start the action, i know some people only have access at work but that is not to say they work a monday...

fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now