Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

LOST PARCEL WHAT DO YOU DO?

(5 Posts)
muffintop Tue 25-Sep-07 09:29:24

Over the last few months I have had a few people claiming they have not had their parcels (I have been selling on ebay for 3 years and never lost anything before!) As a goodwill gesture I have been refunding them fully and then claiming off the post office. I keep all receipts and proof of postage but the post office never pay what I am actually claiming even though I send all they request to cover the claim which means I am out of pocket.

Anyway what do you ladies do when a parcel has gone missing, do you refund fully, not at all or just refund the postage. Grateful for your views.

I am beginning to think that some people are pulling a fast one but saying they have not received the item when they have. My only other option is to send recorded delivery but it would cost me more and would make less profit.

thanx

kitsandbits Tue 25-Sep-07 09:31:12

I always send my stuff 'signed for; it only adds 70p on the price - and i adjust my postage pricet to cover it, then i know whether they have recieved the item or not as you tack it online.

kitsandbits Tue 25-Sep-07 09:31:36

its normal 1stclass - or 2nd class + 70p

kitsandbits Tue 25-Sep-07 09:32:06

track it online even, sorry - wiggly baby on my knee

sixlostmonkeys Tue 25-Sep-07 09:33:05

they pay for the recorded and you really should use it.

It's becoming a growing trend for buyers, upon receipt of a package not sent recorded to claim item not received. They know they will get a refund as you cannot provide a tracking number.

there is no other way to go I'm afraid than to send all items rec del

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: