Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Need urgent help! Requests to sell off ebay - how common is this and should I do it?

(4 Posts)
castille Wed 19-Sep-07 07:44:36

I'm selling two items that seem to be in great demand - I had no idea, so didn't put a Buy It Now price on them. Now I've had 2 seperate requests to end the listings early and sell off Ebay, which I know is against their rules.

Does everyone do this? Should I do it? I'm new to this selling lark and don't want to get it all wrong before I've even got going!

sixlostmonkeys Wed 19-Sep-07 07:50:57

you are right, it is against the rules.

You can either - add a BIN to the listing if you have an amount in mind you would be prepared to accept, or, simply reply and say thanks for the interest but you would rather the auction run it's course. Wish them good luck with the bidding.

If you sell off-ebay you have no protection - it's not worth it.

the requests are simply from buyers hoping for a real bargain

Egg Wed 19-Sep-07 07:54:18

I would let the auction carry on, you may well get higher prices anyway and not worth the risk of no protection. Or as sixlostmonkeys says, add a BIN at a high enough price (make it huuuuuuuuuge if there is a lot of interest!).

What are you selling? [nosey emoticon].

castille Wed 19-Sep-07 11:27:10

Thanks for your replies. It's only some dancewear, I had no idea there would be so many people desperate for it!

I wondered about getting a higher price by leaving the auctions running, but both buyers offered what similar items have gone for recently so I doubt I'll get more. It could be less, which is why I was tempted!

I tried to add a BIN price but it's not possible once the auction has started unfortunately.

Anyway, I have contacted the potential buyers and said just what you suggested, Six, thank you, and I'm letting them run their course.
Thanks to both.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now