Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

What is the done thing on time limit for a seller leaving you feedback?

(12 Posts)
daisyandbabybootoo Thu 13-Sep-07 12:59:42

I've had to set up a new ebay account due to my account being hi-jacked. As a result I have zero feedback. I've made a few transactions recently, have paid as soon as the auction has ended (bar one where it was 2 days after), and left feedback as soon as the goods arrived.

I have not received any feedback from the sellers. Is there a time frame in which they should leave feedback? I want to see my feedback score go up as people don't trust buyers/sellers with no feedback.

Another thing to consider that although it is my e-bay account we paid using my husbands paypal account. Is there a chance the feedback has been left with him, or should that not matter?

TIA...I've not e-bayed for a few years and have forgotten all of this.

daisyandbabybootoo Thu 13-Sep-07 13:24:06

anyone?

southeatsastras Thu 13-Sep-07 13:26:55

have 90 days to leave feedback, it's not compulsory

daisyandbabybootoo Thu 13-Sep-07 14:23:06

thank you...I had a look through the help screens but couldn't find any info!

southeatsastras Thu 13-Sep-07 14:24:27

feedback would be left in the ebay name you used when buying. sometimes sellers take ages to leave feedback.

sixlostmonkeys Thu 13-Sep-07 15:01:12

Some sellers leave feedback in batches, maybe once a week or once a month, so maybe you will eventually get your feedback.
It is, as mentioned, optional.
I'd advise avoiding the temptation to ask for feedback - you may get feedback you don't want! A lot of sellers get annoyed when getting messages asking for feedback - myself included.

Fingers crossed you will get some soon

hanaflower Thu 13-Sep-07 15:05:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

daisyandbabybootoo Thu 13-Sep-07 18:00:07

thanks for all your responses....no doubt I'll get my feedback in due course.

gibberish Thu 13-Sep-07 18:08:19

I've just left feedback for something I bought in the middle of June. Completely forgot about it blush (Perhaps I'm one of the ones you were waiting to hear from lol) I suppose if you just have had people buying who are not on regularly it may take them longer to return the feedback. Would aree that perhaps a little reminder would be a good thing.

nikkid21 Sat 15-Sep-07 18:51:03

As sixlostmonkeys said I would really advise against badgering for feedback. There are many sellers out there who will leave you bad feedback just for asking.

Their way of thinking is that you paid for and received your goods , you were not buying feedback and by asking for feedback you single yourself out as a p.i.t.a.

I stress that this isn't the way that I do things but as a regular lurker on the powerseller discussion board there are quite a few out there that do think like that.

sixlostmonkeys Sat 15-Sep-07 19:46:28

The real problem with pestering for feedback is that whilst the buyer just has this one transaction on their mind, the seller has numerous transactions on the go, all needing listing, invoicing, posting as well as feedbacking.
Many sellers leave feedback in batches, maybe once a week or once a month. It's the only sensible way for a lot of sellers; you can't keep breaking off one job to tend to another and so on and so forth, or you'll never get anything done. Getting nothing done can be the difference between making a living and 'not'.

If a seller is working away listing or invoicing and receives a message from ebay, the reaction is to stop what you're doing and open up the message, thinking that maybe it is a question that will lead to a sale or indeed a sale that needs to be tended to and dispatched. To find that it is nothing but a "I've left you feedback can you please leave some for me" does, quite understandably pee you off. I leave feedback in batches, all in one go. I will not break off from my work to leave the odd one there and then (because of a pesky message) just as I won't jump up to defrost the freezer in the middle of changing a nappy - surely it makes sense to leave the freezer until the designated defrosting day?

Every buyer gets their feedback from me on batch day. There have been a couple of occasions where a buyer has pestered ridiculously for it and I've ended up blocking them and leaving no FB at all.

daisyandbabybootoo Sun 16-Sep-07 15:46:14

thanks for the advice guys....I am now in possession of two shiny feedback points. I'm no longer a newbie....yay.

and i didn't ask for the feedback...my DH buys and sells a bit and he says it can be quite annoying!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now