Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

anyone been told to change their password?

(9 Posts)
j20baby Fri 24-Aug-07 21:07:12

have just logged in and recieved this;

The password you've selected is not secure enough. Choosing a more secure password helps protect your account from identity theft and misuse because it is more difficult for others to guess.
If you choose to keep your current password, as a security measure, you may be asked to enter a special verification code when you sign in. To avoid receiving similar messages, and to protect your account, please create a more secure password.
Thank You,
eBay Inc.

does it sound dodgy or is it just a new policy?

charliecat Fri 24-Aug-07 21:08:44

is that in YOUR MESSAGES in your ebay. Or just in your usual inbox. Sounds like a scam

charliecat Fri 24-Aug-07 21:09:03

and i dont think ebay is EBAY INC.

j20baby Fri 24-Aug-07 21:10:21

no-its actually come up when i signed in-says i've got an alert!

j20baby Fri 24-Aug-07 21:11:03

here

charliecat Fri 24-Aug-07 21:11:40

oh...ok, shut all your pages down...sign into ebay again and change it then..weird.

j20baby Fri 24-Aug-07 21:18:38

hmm, still there in my ebay messages, needed to log in with old password and then change to a new one, very strange!

pamplemousse Fri 24-Aug-07 22:28:21

I have been asked to, I've had the same password for.... 6 years now. I changed it and the alert in My Ebay hasn't gone yet, it notifies you that your passwrod has changed, did you mean it etc tec, I think it takes a few days to go.
It is genuine I reckon, at least I changed mine and it all works as normal.
HTH

j20baby Sat 25-Aug-07 10:28:18

thanks pample, i've had the same password for about 4 years, mine did the same-still got the alert, so it must just be something they've started doing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now