Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Set up auction with a buy it now - final day and there is no 'buy it now' showing?

(10 Posts)
FlossALump Fri 10-Aug-07 16:05:41

And yet I'm sure I've been charged for it. Does it just not show on my viewing page or is it genuinely not there? I'm sure thinking back this has happened before (it ended up going for more than buy it now so I wasn't too worried!)

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290146045063 Here is the link. I'd really appreciate it if you can tell me if a buy it now is there if not I need to complain!

JoMa Fri 10-Aug-07 16:06:49

no, not buy it now

BreeVanDerCampLGJ Fri 10-Aug-07 16:08:07

Not showing....

JARM Fri 10-Aug-07 16:09:21

it may be because there have been bids

FlossALump Fri 10-Aug-07 16:11:26

I don't know that it has ever been on there. God I wish I was less thick!

FlossALump Fri 10-Aug-07 16:12:27

Thank you for looking though! I shall try and navigate my way round ebay now to see if I can have a moan!

FunkyGlassSlipper Fri 10-Aug-07 16:12:31

when someone places a bid the buy it now disappears.

Flibbertyjibbet Fri 10-Aug-07 16:13:18

Yes, if there are bids then maybe the first one cancels the buy it now?
I just did a buy it now on something that was buy it now or best offer. There had been one offer but it accepted my buy it now.
I think you are charged a fee for placing something as a buy it now, regardless of how it sells. Then you will pay the comission on the final sale anyway if you have bids.

FlossALump Fri 10-Aug-07 16:24:26

Just found that out on ebay! Never realised that. Never mind! Thanks everyone!

FlossALump Fri 10-Aug-07 16:26:44

Am a bit annoyed actually, as someone bid on it early on and so can't help wondering if it is to try to keep price down!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now