Talk

Advanced search

Threatening message from male eBay buyer who knows my address

(7 Posts)
LegoLass10 Sun 07-Jul-19 22:36:27

Hi, not sure what to do.

Had a fallout with a buyer a while ago when he returned an item. I left him some negative feedback (I know you're not "meant" to but in the description I was honest about what he did) - he's just seen it and sent me a vaguely threatening message saying he "loved" my feedback and wishes he could leave me similar feedback too but since he can't (it's gone over the time limit) he believes in karma and "she will do that job for me." The message ends with "Bye".

I wouldn't care except for the fact this man knows my address and lives in the same city. I know I could be reading too much into it but tbh it's really freaked me out.

I'm scared even posting this tbh in case he somehow stumbles onto it and realises it's him.

19lottie82 Sun 07-Jul-19 22:54:52

I’m not underestimating your anxiety, but I think you’re being a tad dramatic. He hasn’t threatened you. Just forget about it and try to move on. smile

RedWineAllMine Mon 08-Jul-19 15:33:41

He's broken the rules. Report him to Ebay. You can't go threatening sellers. You have his address as well so i think it's just empty threats to be honest. He will get kicked off Ebay for doing that.

19lottie82 Mon 08-Jul-19 17:54:55

You can't go threatening sellers

In what way has the OP been threatened?

RedWineAllMine Mon 08-Jul-19 22:32:47

The buyer doesn't have to physically say I'm threatening you for OP to feel threatened. If I received that message it would throw me off and make me think. It's not normal or acceptable behaviour on eBay. He didn't have to say anything at all, but he did, and he chose to write a vindictive nasty message. It's not on. You can't go around sending buyers on eBay messages telling them that karma will get them. He deserves to be thrown off eBay. I would have reported him right away.

19lottie82 Tue 09-Jul-19 15:40:45

He won’t get “thrown off” eBay. The message isn’t threatening.
eBay won’t do anything. The OP would be wasting her time.

MrsTerryPratchett Tue 09-Jul-19 15:43:00

The buyer doesn't have to physically say I'm threatening you for OP to feel threatened.

No, but he didn't actually threaten her so I'd imagine eBay wouldn't be interested.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »