Talk

Advanced search

Inspire me with the odd things you've sold on eBay

(16 Posts)
GreasedPiglet Wed 03-Jul-19 22:30:59

I've sold a few things on eBay recently, and I'd like to sell a few more. Inspire me with the odd things you've bought and sold 😄.

RavenLG Wed 03-Jul-19 22:33:48

Multiple pairs of very worn shoes for a fair bit. The pair that started it was a £65 pair of faith high heels sold for nearly £300. Kept me going through university to buy “sexy” heels from primary / charity shops etc and sell them for ££££

GreasedPiglet Wed 03-Jul-19 22:37:29

Eek, I've read about this. But some people said that the buyers sometimes wanted a bit more for their £ - so a message or two about exactly how worn the shoes were 😬, or a photo of a foot in a shoe.

ragged Wed 03-Jul-19 22:38:12

lol @ Raven.
I sold one of these (commode chair)

GreasedPiglet Wed 03-Jul-19 22:39:01

😄 you really can buy everything on eBay.

SamBeckett Wed 03-Jul-19 22:42:30

£££££ for old shoes you say . . . . . . . .

eyes up 3 pairs of very well worn steel toe capped boots . . . . .

grin

IamPickleRick Wed 03-Jul-19 22:42:52

30 pairs of elf ears.
Two terminator heads.
Pendant in the shape of a brain.
A wetsuit.
Nunchucks.

Weirdest thing we’ve sold is a tiny skeleton dressed as a decaying leprechaun, sitting on a rock inside a jar.

GreasedPiglet Wed 03-Jul-19 22:50:07

IamPickleRick Weirdest thing we’ve sold is a tiny skeleton dressed as a decaying leprechaun, sitting on a rock inside a jar.

😱🤯

newyeardelurker Wed 03-Jul-19 22:50:11

I sold a concrete sectional garage, buyer collects.

IamPickleRick Wed 03-Jul-19 22:54:39

Yep. DP did a whole range of skeletons wearing various outfits inside jars. You really can buy absolutely anything grin

NoParticularPattern Wed 03-Jul-19 22:57:34

These threads always start off all innocent and then someone like @IamPickleRick comes along and has to blow everyone out of the water grin I mean how do we top that? HOW?!

IamPickleRick Wed 03-Jul-19 23:01:04

Weirder stuff exists, I’m sure! It sounds much more odd than it really is. grin

isseywithcats Fri 05-Jul-19 17:19:01

a few years ago was given some items from a hoarders house clearance and one item was a 1960s electrolux cylinder hoover never been used but filthy because it had been buried in the cellar, so i cleaned it up put it on at 99p start thinking no one would want it, apparently it was a rare one that they only made for 12 months due to a design fault, bidders were almost fighting over it and it went for over £200 and the guy who won it was delighted with it

OneInEight Sat 06-Jul-19 07:55:20

A very chewed rubber doll of Paul McCartney sold to someone in America, a football season ticket signed by a pop star went for stupid money (I was going to bin but dh thought it was worth a go), a Wedgwood mug that looked as if a child had added a few paint marks went for over £100 are a few of my bizarre ones. My moral is don't throw anything away until you have checked its value even if condition looks dodgy. .

JaceLancs Fri 26-Jul-19 23:04:43

Where do I start?
3D model of tower bridge (bought by a film maker for some kind of mock up)
Vintage perfume bottle (part used) including all original paper advertising flyers - bought by actual perfume house for their museum
Vintage book of dress patterns - bought by bbc costume department
Victorian child’s tap shoes
Vintage mans straw boater
Victorian microscope slides in original case

OldAndWornOut Fri 26-Jul-19 23:06:54

A used electric foot warmer.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »