Talk

Advanced search

Buyer wants to return item six weeks after buying

(7 Posts)
abbey44 Wed 26-Jun-19 19:44:02

Sold a dressy evening top back in May, item clearly described and size label photographed, although in this case (unusually) I didn't actually put the measurement in the listing. It was a Jacques Vert top, and I've never known them to be anything other than true size, and it was a fairly straight cut, loose-fitting top, which was stated.

Now, six weeks later, I've had a message saying that it's not a true 16, it's a small cut and doesn't fit. She wants a full refund. It wasn't a lot of money, but I'm a bit pissed off that it's taken her so long to get back to me.

Coincidentally, this buyer made a low offer on the item while the listing was current - I didn't reply to that, and she then bid on the item and got it at the starting price.

What should I do...?

Casmama Wed 26-Jun-19 19:46:42

I'm not a seller but I would be tempted to tell her to piss off. Even in a shop the return terms are usually only 28 days!
Sounds like she's worn it for whatever she bought it for and now wants her money back.

wowfudge Wed 26-Jun-19 19:47:08

After 6 weeks? You're under no obligation to accept a return after that time. Speak to eBay pronto for advice or she'll probably try to open a not as described case.

abbey44 Wed 26-Jun-19 20:06:05

Casmama That's what I suspect. Though she's claiming she's not been well and that's why it's taken her so long... hmm

I will go to eBay - that's a good idea, thanks. I don't want to find they refund her and she keeps the item.

abbey44 Wed 26-Jun-19 20:19:50

Ah, that was helpful. Called eBay and they've said a buyer has 30 days to make a claim; after that the seller has no obligation to accept a return or to refund, and there won't be any comeback from eBay or PayPal.

RedWineAllMine Wed 26-Jun-19 22:33:39

She doesn't stand a chance. Her 30 days are up. I'm not even sure if she gets the option to open a case now.

19lottie82 Thu 27-Jun-19 11:22:40

The buyer has up to 180 days to open a return request with PayPal.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »