Talk

Advanced search

Waiting for payment

(8 Posts)
RustyNail Wed 12-Jun-19 19:06:06

So I've just sold an item on Ebay and I've been waiting for payment since yesterday morning.

Am I right that as I'm registered with PayPal via my EBay account that I don't need to send any payment info as my listing should automatically direct the buyer there?

Also, what is the standard time to wait for payment?

MikeUniformMike Wed 12-Jun-19 19:07:19

Send an invoice.

RustyNail Wed 12-Jun-19 19:09:41

I've done that already.

mummymummymummummum Wed 12-Jun-19 19:18:47

You just have to wait, they aren't obliged to pay immediately. You can open a non paying bidder case 48 hours after the auction ends.

MikeUniformMike Wed 12-Jun-19 19:19:48

Give it a few days then raise a non-payment report with ebay. I've had it a few times. Ebay sides with the buyer.

DontCallMeShitley Sat 15-Jun-19 23:22:06

You can set your seller requirements to open an unpaid item case automatically. if o payment is made it will close without you needing to do anything. You might want to do this for future sales.

It is a good idea to give them a couple of days to pay if you don't want unpleasant feedback. After that, just open a case and wait. No payment arrives then close the case and get your fees refunded, block the buyer and re-list, in that order.

RedWineAllMine Sun 16-Jun-19 17:04:37

Have you been paid yet? I have my settings set to open an unpaid item case after 4 days, which is rather generous I think. I send payment reminder after 2 days.

Bouldghirl Sun 23-Jun-19 10:27:25

As you sold it on Tuesday I would hope by now that you have either been paid or opened a non-payment case with EBay. Don’t forget to add the buyer to your blocked list.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »