Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Oh no... I'm a bad seller! :(

(9 Posts)
bananabump Mon 23-Jul-07 21:46:14

I just sold a bed frame which I described as used but immaculate, which I genuinely thought it was.... just got it down the stairs literally two minutes before the buyers arrived, and noticed a split lengthways down one of the wooden slats and a scratch on the frame- not a massive or particularly noticable one, but a scratch nevertheless.

Just as we found it, the buyers knocked on the door! Nightmare.... they handed the money straight over, and began taking the pieces to the car. I started to panic, wondering how I could tell them their "immaculate" item was scratched, but then they were wishing me luck with the baby and suddenly they were gone.

Now I'm sitting here literally shaking, shitting myself that they will be angry and either come back to the house to complain or leave me really negative feedback. I really didn't intend to shortchange them, I have 100% positive feedback from 100 transactions. I've probably fecked that up now.

What would you think if you got the bed home and saw the scratch? Be honest...

gringottsgoblin Mon 23-Jul-07 21:48:46

i would ask for partial refund at least - but would not leave neg if you gave me it. altho i might if you admitted you knew. tut tut <wags finger>

bananabump Mon 23-Jul-07 21:50:30

I know...I feel like shit about it, because I have a deep sense of what is fair and what isn't. Dp doesn't seem to care, he's off reading bloody Harry Potter, keeps telling me to stop stressing.

<frets>

sixlostmonkeys Mon 23-Jul-07 22:07:08

the wooden slats that go under the mattress? - they all have splits, it's the wood they use.

a scratch to the frame wouldn't bother me either - saves me or ds or the dog or the dyson scratching it

now sit yerself down with HP and don't worry.

have a {{{hug}}}} anyway

bananabump Mon 23-Jul-07 22:12:49

Thanks, it's appreciated. I think I'm just generally stressed out and a bit emotional, and it doesn't take much to upset the balance these days.

Update: They've just left me positive feedback and said good luck with the baby. <snivels>

Ah well, just have to learn for next time!

southeastastra Mon 23-Jul-07 22:16:26

don't worry about it

sixlostmonkeys Mon 23-Jul-07 22:22:30

emotional? ohh I remember the time with the yellow humpty dumpty cup and that's 11 1/2 years ago - long story and won't bore you - but just saying i do understand

only advice I could give is not describe items with words like immaculate. I sell mainly books, but I never even go as far as saying they are in excellent condition - the best they get is very good. Someone once asked me why I described it as simply very good and asked what faults it had - i replied and said none whatsover (that i can see) but explained I never use 'excellent' He replied saying he was exactly the same - he sold vinyl records and learnt the hard way.
That was long winded but what I'm getting at is 'excellent' and 'immaculate' is hard to live up to. Very good is all anyone expects and is also up for interpretation.

I'll shut up now

glad you got your pos FB - you deserved it

bananabump Mon 23-Jul-07 22:26:54

lol, stop being nice to me, I've only just stopped having a blub about it!

Cheers though, feel better now.

horsemadgal Tue 24-Jul-07 00:57:50

When/if they notice it they'll probably think they did it getting in or out of their car.
Hope their not reading this forum!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now