Talk

Advanced search

Item returned undelivered after multiple delivery attempts

(11 Posts)
TheValleyGirl Sat 08-Jun-19 13:56:37

I sent an item via Hermes and it's been returned to me as undelivered. According to the tracking the courier attempted to deliver it three times which is pretty frustrating. Does anyone know where I stand re refunding the buyer? They said they don't want it re-sent. Do I have to give them the postage cost back too?

TheValleyGirl Sat 08-Jun-19 13:59:30

Ps the buyer is getting pretty aggressive with me saying it's not their fault, that the courier tried to deliver it to their neighbour who is away on holiday (though I'm not sure how they or the neighbour would know this!).

19lottie82 Sat 08-Jun-19 18:48:44

Yes, unfortunately, you need to refund original postage costs as well as the purchase price. Just refund, then block them.

TheValleyGirl Mon 10-Jun-19 07:27:28

It seems so unfair that I have to refund the postage too - why should I be penalised for the buyer not being home angry puts me right off using eBay anymore!

19lottie82 Mon 10-Jun-19 10:04:53

It’s not just eBay, if you buy anything online and it’s not delivered, you will refunded the purchase price and the postage.

safariboot Mon 10-Jun-19 10:09:35

You chose to use bloody Hermes.

DontCallMeShitley Mon 10-Jun-19 14:15:02

Maybe the buyer changed their mind and it was too late to cancel the sale.

DeRigueurMortis Mon 10-Jun-19 14:17:50

Yes you have to refund. Same if you sell on Amazon also.

TheValleyGirl Mon 10-Jun-19 15:05:26

Much as it pains me I've done a full refund. It's just irritating, as I have proof that it was despatched and that the courier tried to deliver three times. Usually they leave a card for you to rearrange delivery so it's annoying that it's now me losing out and forfeiting the postage cost.

OrchidInTheSun Mon 10-Jun-19 15:10:08

Hermes don't do that. You can't rearrange - they just tell you when they're coming again. If you won't be there, you can choose a neighbour. If they don't be there either then they send the parcel back.

19lottie82 Mon 10-Jun-19 17:01:09

Yes, Hermes are a pain in the bum. You can’t rearrange the parcel or collect it from a depot. I wouldn’t use them in future to avoid this problem.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »