Talk

Advanced search

Buyer said they haven't got item

(20 Posts)
DanceDanceDance80 Tue 04-Jun-19 15:53:18

Sent item via courier and tracking shows item delivered to porch with photo evidence. Buyer says she hasn't got the item and wants refund. What would you do???

DanceDanceDance80 Tue 04-Jun-19 15:54:20

I forgot to say, she opened a case with Ebay which was closed in my favour but buyer says I have to refund.

Walkamileinmyshoesbeforeujudge Tue 04-Jun-19 16:02:08

I had a parcel left on my doorstep last week. I didn't get it....

fedup21 Tue 04-Jun-19 16:03:04

What case did she open that was found in your favour?

FamilyOfAliens Tue 04-Jun-19 16:07:10

Did someone sign for the item?

Did the buyer say she was happy for it to be left in the porch?

Sounds like someone may have stolen it from the porch or the buyer realised it hadn’t been signed for and pretended it had been stolen.

DontCallMeShitley Tue 04-Jun-19 16:19:55

It isn't your fault. She should arrange for a safe place or collection if she is buying online. Is there a signature?

Although if you use a courier you are taking a big risk as they can be very hit and miss. Am currently keeping an eye on something that has been left outside my neighbours house, in the rain, about to phone her to see if she want me to take it in. Makes it obvious she's out. Regular delivery people always bring them to me.

OliviaBenson Tue 04-Jun-19 16:20:51

If eBay have taken your side I would do nothing....

Branleuse Tue 04-Jun-19 16:25:44

if case closed in your favour, then you dont have to do anything, but id consider using a different courier if they leave parcels outside the bloody front door with no signature.

DanceDanceDance80 Tue 04-Jun-19 18:41:13

No signature. Have got photo proof to show delivery although I understand someone could have taken it but the way she's been I think she's trying her luck for a refund aswel as having the item.

JugzyMalone Tue 04-Jun-19 18:43:02

If eBay have sided with you then just ignore her. I had one emailing me loads till I sent the tracking info. Never heard from her again after that.

Justajot Tue 04-Jun-19 18:45:57

I've had photos as proof of delivery showing someone else's front door. Is it definitely her's?

BooseysMom Tue 04-Jun-19 18:50:03

What a cheek! Yes ignore. I had a nightmare time once when a dress I bought on ebay went missing. It turned out that Royal Mail had tried to deliver but to the wrong address so they left a card there then incredibly, the person at that address actually pretended to be me as when they collected it from the post office they signed their name and Royal Mail let them take it! It took 6 months to get my money back..ebay wouldn't look at it and eventually PayPal came to my rescue. I will never trust Royal Mail again.

DanceDanceDance80 Tue 04-Jun-19 19:08:52

@Justajot that is what is making me question it. It doesn't show front door, just the item placed in the porch. They are saying they haven't got it. I do think she has got it by the messages but I don't have actual proof...ie a signature. I've had people try and scam me like this before but luckily I used royal mail those times and had signatures as proof.

RedWineAllMine Tue 04-Jun-19 20:03:27

Ebay found in your favour. You don't need to do anything, Wether she actually got it or not isn't your fault. You did your bit, you can over see making sure they are in to get a parcel.
Block her.

RedWineAllMine Tue 04-Jun-19 20:04:55

Edit - you can't oversee that they are in to receive the parcel*

DontCallMeShitley Tue 04-Jun-19 23:23:13

Well, following on from my previous post, I phoned my neighbour (didn't pop round as it was raining) and she was home, no-one had rung the doorbell.

It was a delivery from D EX whoever they are, and it was left propped against a plant pot in full view of the street. It is common these days for this to happen, so OP it could easily have been taken.

You can use Streetview to see if you can identify her porch (your buyer, not my neighbour) which may tell you if it did go to the wrong house.

DanceDanceDance80 Wed 05-Jun-19 19:48:15

So I've looked at street view and it does look like where the parcel was left. Some people will try anything!

RedWineAllMine Wed 05-Jun-19 23:20:39

Is she still messaging you? I'd of blocked her from the first message, once case was closed in your favour.
People will try it on if they think they can get away with it.

DontCallMeShitley Thu 06-Jun-19 09:21:27

I would take a screenshot of her house then, from Streetview and send it to her along with the photo from the courier. However I even take photos of the parcels before I send them which has been useful in the past when something 'went missing'. Had also sent it tracked as I had a feeling about the buyer and had already Googled the address. I was right.

Send the photos and tell her that it looks like her porch so perhaps she should report it to the Police as being stolen. It may have been but you did your part and it certainly looks as if it arrived at her house.

ineedtostopbeingsolazy Fri 07-Jun-19 20:12:29

eBay closed the case there's nothing else you need to do. Definitely don't refund her! She can't open another case.
If she leaves negative feedback you can contact eBay and they will/may remove it as the case has been closed in your favour.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »