Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Person saying I haven't paid when I have.

(12 Posts)
nutcracker Sat 21-Jul-07 20:08:48

I won 2 books for Dd1 the other night for a total of about £2.60.

I paid immeidatly via paypal but recieved a message straight away from the seller saying that the email address on paypal was wrong so could i resend.

I checked and the payment hadn't been claimed and so I cancelled and resent to correct address and asked to be informed if payment had arrived safely.

I was emailed the next day to say payment recieved and my items were being despatched.
I recieved the items today and left positive feedback.

I have just had another email from the seller asking if I can send payment again as the original one was wrong, but the addy they have given is the addy I sent the payment to the 2nd time, and they emailed me saying it had arrived.

The payment shows as complete too on paypal.

I have emailed saying i don't understand why they are asking me to resend. What else can I do ??

nightowl Sat 21-Jul-07 20:11:18

do you think it might just be a duplicate sort of email? if they sell a lot of things maybe they just forgot they had already done this and it was completed?

dont know if that makes sense btw, but kind of thing i would probably do.

nutcracker Sat 21-Jul-07 20:23:09

Hmm not sure, this email was different to the first so not sure. Plus in the email she says she's glad the books arrived safely.

southeastastra Sat 21-Jul-07 20:27:54

find out the payment number from paypal and email them back and ask them to check it with their records, it sounds like they're arsing about a bit

nutcracker Sat 21-Jul-07 20:30:12

Thanks will do that now.

nutcracker Sat 21-Jul-07 20:36:35

Am really confused now.

When i checked paypal a mo ago, the payment i sent was to the right email addy and was showing as completed.

Have just checked it again and it is showing as payment cancelled, and the wrong email addy, but the payment hasn't gone back to my account.

I am mega confused.

southeastastra Sat 21-Jul-07 20:39:42

so it seems like they've cancelled your payment but i'm confused if you re-sent it to another email. are you sure it hasn't been refunded?

still ask the seller. they're really pissing you about by the sounds of it

nightowl Sat 21-Jul-07 20:53:56

why would they piss about though? they've sent the goods? doesnt make sense to my addled brain.

nutcracker Sat 21-Jul-07 21:08:05

I am not sure what is going on. The payment is now showing as cancelled but the money hasn't been refunded to my account. I am still down £2.60.

nutcracker Sat 21-Jul-07 21:11:20

Ahh it is fine. She has emailed back and said she got me mixed up with someone else, and couldn't apologise enough. She has also left positive feedback.

SlightlyMadSpider Sat 21-Jul-07 21:13:59

Nutcracker....be careful paying into alternative paypal accounts. Just a word of warning from past experience - you have no buyer protection unless you pay to the ebay linked paypal account.

In this case it was only £2.60 but be careful doing it for larger sums.

nutcracker Sat 21-Jul-07 21:23:15

Thanks spider. Had it been a totally different addy I would have been concerned but this was just a typo i think as it was only one letter difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now