Talk

Advanced search

General issues with non/delayed payment!

(4 Posts)
Richlyfruited Mon 27-May-19 16:55:13

Anyone else?

I've sold at least 10 auction items over the last few months and I've had to send the buyers a payment reminder each time (2-3 days after sale).

Now I seem to have a total non-payer!

Is this a general trend on eBay or have I just been unlucky? I mostly sell clothes but don't have much luck with selling through the 'Buy It Now' option.

lljkk Mon 27-May-19 19:34:29

Have you set your listings to ban bids from anyone with previous non-payment strikes against them?

I don't really find it annoying when they don't pay. Just file NPB & carry on. It happens. Unless you sell loads you can't say there's a pattern.

I do find it annoying if they pay, then complain when they receive the item that it's exactly as described but they didn't read the listing properly.

Richlyfruited Mon 27-May-19 21:16:29

No I didn't know I could do that - thanks!

Fortunately not had the issue with buyers saying item not as described...yet!

RedWineAllMine Wed 29-May-19 09:38:58

This is the norm! Once case is closed and they haven't paid they are added to my blocked list.
Site preferences in settings on desktop site you can block buyers with bad track records as PP said. Mine is set to blocking buyers who have had 2 unpaid item strikes in the past 2 months. I can forgive one, but not 2.
No one has time for time wasters.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »