Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

How long is reasonable to wait for payment?

(6 Posts)
MilaMae Thu 19-Jul-07 14:14:24

Auctions finished last night 10ish but last one still hasn't payed. Not happened before all others been instant so how long do I wait before sending a polite e-mail??

hufflebranpuff Thu 19-Jul-07 14:20:12

Most sellers ask for payment within 5 days I think. I would definitely allow at least 48 hrs before sending a reminder, it could easily be that the buyer didn't have a chance to check the auction last night and can't access ebay during working hours.

southeastastra Thu 19-Jul-07 14:21:10

i wouldn't worry at all at this stage, give them a reminder after about 6 days

saltireslytherin Thu 19-Jul-07 14:28:55

One of mine hasn't paid yet, for an auction that finsihed on Wednesday morning. if he doesn't pay by lunctime tomorrow he won't get his stuff for 2 weeks as I'm away!

mygirllollipop Fri 20-Jul-07 08:15:04

One of mine still hasn't paid and the auction ended not Sunday night gone but the Sunday before!

Niecie Sat 21-Jul-07 12:49:57

I too have somebody who hasn't paid from the 15th July. My policy is to allow 7 days for payment so I can't do anything yet.

However, you can't send a reminder until 3 days after the auction ends and you can't file a non-paying bidder claim until 7 days after the auction has ended.

Particularly this time of year you might have somebody who bid before going on a weeks holiday and intend to pay when they get back - that has happened to me before. I have also had people not pay because of a death in the family or they have been hospitalised so it would make me feel horrible if I started having a go when they were incapcitated - my little auction was probably the least of their worries!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now