Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

What a malarky. Can anyone help?

(10 Posts)
Wuxiapian Sat 14-Jul-07 18:27:18

Ok, I've got all my items listed, but I'm somehow registered as a private seller, wich I don't want to be. How do I change this?
Any help much appreciated.

sixlostmonkeys Sat 14-Jul-07 19:31:45

hmm, dunno...would you have to be VAT registered to be a business seller?

sorry - hopefully someone who 'does' know will be here soon to help

Wuxiapian Sat 14-Jul-07 21:37:55

Oh... Erm... Hmm... Well... I haven't a clue, six.

Crap, ain't I?

Please, someone, anyone HELP?!

JoMa Sat 14-Jul-07 21:38:26

why does being a private seller matter?

Wuxiapian Sat 14-Jul-07 21:41:30

Doesn't it make buyers a little suspicious, like I'm trying to hide something?
I remember someone on here talking about it ages ago.

Desiderata Sat 14-Jul-07 21:41:51

Being a private seller does matter. It makes you appear sneaky.

eBay is very user-friendly. Go right back to the beginning and try to figure it out. There will be a box, somewhere, which you've inadvertently marked with a big X.

Go to your user details (or however they describe it). Honestly, just apply your mind for ten minutes, and you'll get to the bottom of it.

sixlostmonkeys Sun 15-Jul-07 10:31:33

Being a private seller just means you are not a business seller ie a private seller just sells their own stuff - doesn't buy stuff in to sell at a profit.

I don't recall when ebay introduced the bit where you have to say which you are upon registration - but you will see some that just say the date they registered and this just means they registered before the feature was introduced.

The only way not to be a private seller is to tick the box to say you are a business (but I don't know if you have to proove anything re business.

j20baby Sun 15-Jul-07 10:34:24

isn't it when they keep there user id private that its sneaky?

sixlostmonkeys Sun 15-Jul-07 10:41:08

yeah, it's private feedback that's sneaky too

Leilel Tue 17-Jul-07 16:40:54

vast majority of sellers are 'private sellers'. It just means that youre an everyday jo whos selling off stuff you dont need anymore. As opposed to being a business seller with corresponding obligations to HMRC etc etc.

its got nothing to do with choosing to keep FB private. (those with private FB cant sell BTW)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now