Talk

Advanced search

Beware of the changes to Buy it Now listings GTC (fees) Private Sellers

(7 Posts)
DontCallMeShitley Tue 09-Apr-19 14:32:55

There is complete confusion around the changes for Private Sellers, a look on the Ebay Forum will show this.

I would suggest making a note of this link, or a bookmark, as it is supposedly to clarify the questions. More info on that thread.

community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Seller-Central/Ebay-Good-Till-Canceled/m-p/6261357#M445323

DontCallMeShitley Tue 09-Apr-19 14:37:11

Sorry, please just read the rest of the thread as it is still not clear to anyone on there. Or maybe ask Ebay directly, not that anyone seems to know.

SometimesIHateEbay Tue 09-Apr-19 14:37:12

Am I the only one who has had this for a while? I’m sure I’ve only been able to do GTC for several months as a private seller on fixed price listings.

DontCallMeShitley Tue 09-Apr-19 15:08:34

I only got it this month. I didn't use GTC because of the auto relist and Ebay continually changing whether or not there was a charge for it. I hate GTC.

36degrees Fri 10-May-19 16:15:27

I have a load of stuff due to expire tomorrow - will I be charged a repeat listing fee if I let it ride, or should I end my listings early? Last time they expired they fully expired without me having to actually 'cancel' them so it feels like a bit of a lottery. There are 100 items I've been building up over a few weeks so I don't want to be hit with a massive bill.

RedWineAllMine Sun 12-May-19 22:25:20

If you go on your account, selling account then invoices you can see exactly what you have got charged for. Go yo your invoice and it's on that, there's tabs at the bottom saying fees etc. It only works on desktop site. I haven't been charged any listing fees for GTC. Before your listing goes live it tells you how much the listing will cost, if it's free etc.
They take into account you're free listings, I think you're free listings get used first before they start to charge you. I get lots of free listings, too many to use them up, some of you or most will probably be the same.

DontCallMeShitley Fri 24-May-19 00:21:52

I waited until it was clear what was happening about this before listing again.

Yes, they are taken from your allowance which is good if you have a lot per month.

It is still annoying that you can't list BINs for less than 30 days though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »