Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Help!

(7 Posts)
auntypurple Thu 12-Jul-07 09:33:09

Well I've been a right idiot. Changed my email address for ebay and paypal ages ago. Listed a few things this week, payment by paypal and with bin on them. Sold a pushchair on bin for £100 last night sometime. Anyway, I never checked when I did the listing, instead of using my new email addy for paypal it's used my old one. The buyer has already paid via paypal, and I can't claim the money. I have emailed the buyer and ask if they mind cancelling the payment, and i'll give them the right email address to use. What a mess, they are going to think I am conning them aren't they? I probably would. Any advice please?

MaccaMacca Thu 12-Jul-07 09:35:39

No just speak, speak, speak with buyer.

I did this once after changing address.

You can also arrange to phone them to speak personally and hope that they don;t think they are being conned.

Its rubbish when this happens.

Hope it turns out well.

elesbellsrae Thu 12-Jul-07 09:35:59

oh paypal are a pain in the arse. this happened to me too. if you e'mail paypal and explain they will add the old e'mail to your new one iyswim and they can transfer the funds.

MrsWeasley Thu 12-Jul-07 09:37:22

this happened to me recently I paid and then was asked to cancel and use another email address. Just email them, they can cancel it if you havent claimed it.

auntypurple Thu 12-Jul-07 09:55:29

Thanks for the replies, I have emailed the buyer, explained what I have done and told them it's all my own fault. Hopefully things will be ok now. Just have to wait for the reply.

auntypurple Thu 12-Jul-07 10:15:48

Painic over, just went into paypal and added my old email address and the payment went in ok. Didn't know I could do that.

MaccaMacca Thu 12-Jul-07 10:25:33

sorted!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now