Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

awkward ebayer... help!

(21 Posts)
pesto1 Tue 10-Jul-07 17:16:35

Hi
Hoping someone can advise me...
i listed a dress on ebay. it sold for 50p. i told the buyer i would post it within two days, which i did.( posted last thursday)
she contacted me on sunday to say it hadnt arrived yet. I chased it up with the post office and they said give it a week.( i had my receipt but no proof of postage.)
She emailed me to tell me it had arrived and was fine but that i was a liar and had only posted it monday according to the postage...
i mailed back and said i was sorry, we have had quite a few postage strikes here, i dont know what happened at the post office but i have my receipt and i know when i posted it.. but i was glad she was happy with the dress.
She has come back to me again saying i am a liar.
Ive just replied saying im sorry we disagree but im glad she likes the dress. And that i dont understand what she wants me to do about it. ( she has recieved it with in a week of the listing ending.)
i dont know what more i can do? have i handled this correclty? i have 100% feedback and think that im going to get a negative for this.
someone please help!

mumto3girls Tue 10-Jul-07 17:18:42

She sounds awful!! You poor thing!

Don't know what to suggest - whats her feedback like, she may not wish to ruin her own ( as you can obviously give her neg too).

if she does give neg then answer her comments truthfully - people will know that one neg doesn't make you a bad ebayer!

meandmyflyingmachine Tue 10-Jul-07 17:19:18

She sounds barking. I don't think you could have done more than you have...

NoodleStroodle Tue 10-Jul-07 17:20:57

Sounds loopy to me to

BettySpaghetti Tue 10-Jul-07 17:21:16

Could you suggest to her that you are unhappy at being called a liar and have the receipt/proof of postage with the date on it and could send her a photocopy of it? Even better if you can scan and send it by email as it saves the hassle and cost of post etc. (That of course is if the date is on the receipt you have, I guess it should be)

pesto1 Tue 10-Jul-07 17:21:33

she is a power seller....
actually has only had one negative in the past.
I just dont know what more i can do about it.... and wondered if i am being unreasonable? or if i should have handled it differently?

thanks though

aDad Tue 10-Jul-07 17:21:51

she sounds like a total nutcase.

I suppose if you really wanted to do more you could photocopy your receipt and send it to her or something. But I'm not sure i would bother.

aDad Tue 10-Jul-07 17:22:32

like betty said first!

Wisteria Tue 10-Jul-07 17:22:46

What a nutter - I had one like that who just didn't leave me any feedback in the end.
Wait for the fb and then respond to it, there's a tab to do that so that you can put other potential customer's minds at rest. Don't stoop to her level and leave retaliatory fb, it looks worse IMO - just be matter of fact about it and rise above her!!

pesto1 Tue 10-Jul-07 17:24:15

that is a good idea and i may well do that.
ive never come across this happening before and to be honest i always post within 2 days, im at the post office almost everyday!!!
i did say i did not appreciate being called a liar.
she hasnt left feedback yet, and luckily ive not left any for her.. i will hold out until she leaves mine first!! lol!
i just dont understand what she is expecting me to do about it?
and in any case an item arriving within a week of the listing ending is quite reasonable isnt it?

pesto1 Tue 10-Jul-07 17:24:55

thanks for all your advice!

Wisteria Tue 10-Jul-07 17:25:06

Of course it is, don't worry about it, it's just the nature of the game I'm afraid x

tigermoth Tue 10-Jul-07 17:45:09

what a strange thing to keep emailing you about. Watch out for her feedback - she may try to add a negative just before the ebay time limit for feedback (3 months I think) if she adds it at the last minute, you won't be able to respond to it. Also I'd check out her feedback profile and feedback left for others information to see if she is having a loopy moment - perhaps something is wrong her end. Seeing waht feedback she is leaving for others could help explain things.

pesto1 Tue 10-Jul-07 17:53:02

really.. someone would wait 3 months and then leave a neg? wow!
ive not had a reply since the last email.

what do you think i should leave as feedback then?

pesto1 Tue 10-Jul-07 17:53:55

oh, and almost 100% of her feedback she has left for others has been ok.. i guess she must be having a bad day or something.. or i have somehow managed to really annoy her?

suezee Tue 10-Jul-07 17:56:23

if i where you i jst wouldnt leave her a feedback...if she leaves u neg then leave her neg.

rebelmum1 Tue 10-Jul-07 18:01:44

I wouldn't worry, you've dealt with it. My dp told someone to f off and he still does ok with feedback, it was his first negative

sixlostmonkeys Tue 10-Jul-07 18:13:48

You have dealt with it great! there is no more you can do

...apart from maybe using your tardis and handing it to her personally the minute she clicks the pay button.

I bet you all 5p she doesn't leave you a neg.
I had something similar happen - he went on and on and on - i waited for the neg, but it never arrived.

pesto1 Tue 10-Jul-07 18:17:16

well thats reassuring then, there just must be a load of nutters out there!

thanks very much for all your help!

Leilel Tue 17-Jul-07 16:59:06

ignore her and dont respond to the 'liar' emails, and if she carries on report her to ebay. unfortunately theres always some nasty fucking weirdos on ebay

sugar34plum Tue 17-Jul-07 17:09:30

my feedback isnt 100% its 97.7% because of some twonks. As has been said you do get some nutters on there. but ignore keep posting. Now where are your clothes for 50p????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now