Talk

Advanced search

Blocking messages

(7 Posts)
soontobefour4 Sat 16-Feb-19 09:59:53

I was messaging a seller before Christmas regarding the price of an item and arranging a courier. We've gone backwards and forwards a bit but the upshot is I'm now happy to pay the price she said she would sell for plus the couriers fee. I've sent many a message but no reply for ages. I really need to get on and sort out buying the item but I don't ever get a reply. The item is still listed as for sale.

Is it possible that the seller has somehow blocked my messages and is therefore not seeing that I am happy to pay the price she suggested? If so I'm wondering whether it's worth setting another account up and contacting that way, just so they see my message. I feel as though the seller might have just got a bit fed up with me trying to negotiate down a bit (I didn't think I was being too annoying, but maybe I was!) and doesn't want me to contact them anymore.

Obviously I don't want to just submit an offer in the usual way because the item is quite far away and I only want it if ty are still able to arrange the courier (("at my expense).

19lottie82 Sat 16-Feb-19 17:09:05

No, you can’t block messages on eBay.

However, Chinese New Year has just finished so chances are your seller has just been on holiday and will get back to you soon. (Some are back at work and others are off until the end of the month)

LoadsaBlusher Sat 16-Feb-19 18:50:13

You can actually block buyers from contacting you - you can completely switch off the message function within “ manage communications with buyers “ or you can add people to your blocked list and then block them from messaging you
It’s in the seller preferences section then buyer requirements on desktop site
Ive done this before for various reasons

19lottie82 Sat 16-Feb-19 19:13:02

Interesting Loadsa, thank you. When I last enquired about blocking a buyer from sending me messages I was told it wasn’t possible, but that was a few years ago.

LoadsaBlusher Sat 16-Feb-19 19:34:14

19lottie yes it’s very useful
I have blocked ( the very rare ) irate customers
I also block people that I get that certain vibe from where u just know they are going to be a problem buyer ... saves even getting the silly messages in the first place

soontobefour4 Sat 16-Feb-19 19:45:15

I'm still able to send messages though, so does that mean they haven't blocked me? I wondered if there was a setting whereby you could just not see the messages coming through if that makes sense?

LoadsaBlusher Sat 16-Feb-19 20:16:08

soon when did you last message them ? They could perhaps just be ignoring the messages then unfortunately...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: