Talk

Advanced search

How to list on the app?

(6 Posts)
Mmmhmmokdear Sat 26-Jan-19 11:25:36

Since I last listed items on eBay, they seem to have changed how to do it on the app.

I'm putting the description of the item & instead of letting me just save it and move on to pics, it brings up a list of suggestions & then when i select one it says no matches & won't let me go any further. There are others of what I'm listing on there so I'm a bit confused? There doesn't seem to be any way to just put my own title / description.

Am i missing something? Can someone talk me through it please?

Doyoumind Sat 26-Jan-19 11:29:29

It is annoying. You can choose one of the suggestions and then completely change the details in the listing.

Mmmhmmokdear Sat 26-Jan-19 11:54:02

But it won't let me move on to a listing. Just tells me no matches. It brings up something slightly different and lets me start a listing, but then won't let me change it or delete the stock photo it's come up with.

Doyoumind Sat 26-Jan-19 13:12:38

It will let you change the details and photos. You need to actually add a photo.

millymae Sat 26-Jan-19 13:42:04

When I use the app this is the procedure I follow click on
My eBay, then
Selling, then
List an item (which is written on a blue line at top of page)
Describe item - I enter something vague like women’s dress, then
At bottom of next page it says something like ‘can’t find item, create new listing’
Click on this, then on page select the condition
This takes you to the listing summary.
Work through this adding the photos, item specifics, description, pricing and delivery.
When you’re happy click on list item and its done - check it carefully before you list, as sometimes I think I’ve changed what eBay recommends about pricing etc, and I haven’t.

Mmmhmmokdear Sun 27-Jan-19 09:59:37

Thank you. I gave up in the end and have managed to sell it locally. I'll try that next time. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »